Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s_j_newbury
    replied
    Crocus isn't working for me with Firefox WebRender. Has anybody else any success with it? I guess I should create a bug ticket, I've been waiting for it to be "officially" working first.

Leave a comment:

• s_j_newbury
    replied
    Originally posted by Aryma View Post
    did they fix this: https://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/I965Todo/ problem plus I965Errata

it will be nice if someone does something about broken Hardware video acceleration in Haswell and older IGPU with libva-intel-driver. ( Broadwell (2014) and newer are supported by intel-media-driver.)
    VAAPI works fine here on IVB:
    Code:
    vainfo: VA-API version: 1.12 (libva 2.5.0.pre1)
    vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver for Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile - 2.4.0.pre1 (2.3.0-31-gd87db21)
    vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
            VAProfileMPEG2Simple : VAEntrypointVLD
            VAProfileMPEG2Simple : VAEntrypointEncSlice
            VAProfileMPEG2Main : VAEntrypointVLD
            VAProfileMPEG2Main : VAEntrypointEncSlice
            VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD
            VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSlice
            VAProfileH264Main : VAEntrypointVLD
            VAProfileH264Main : VAEntrypointEncSlice
            VAProfileH264High : VAEntrypointVLD
            VAProfileH264High : VAEntrypointEncSlice
            VAProfileH264StereoHigh : VAEntrypointVLD
            VAProfileVC1Simple : VAEntrypointVLD
            VAProfileVC1Main : VAEntrypointVLD
            VAProfileVC1Advanced : VAEntrypointVLD
            VAProfileNone : VAEntrypointVideoProc
            VAProfileJPEGBaseline : VAEntrypointVLD

and maybe beignet (old OpenCL drivers ) too
    Beignet works too:
    Code:
      Platform Name                                          Intel Gen OCL Driver
    Number of devices                                        1
       Device Name                                           Intel(R) HD Graphics IvyBridge M GT2 Device
       Vendor                                                Intel
       Device Vendor ID                                      0x8086
       Device Version                                        OpenCL 1.2 beignet 1.3
       Driver Version                                        1.3
       Device OpenCL C Version                               OpenCL C 1.2 beignet 1.3
       Device Type                                           GPU
       Device Profile                                        FULL_PROFILE
    i would try it and see if this fix tearing problem with mpv and any media player

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Does or will this Crocus driver have any advantages over the existing driver?

Leave a comment:

• Linuxxx
    replied
    i would try it and see if this fix tearing problem with mpv and any media player
    If you are seeing any sort of tearing with mpv, then you are obviously doing it wrong!™

Leave a comment:

• baka0815
    replied
    Thanks airlied and imirkin !
    My HTPC might have a future this way!

chocolate I ripped my video (DVD, BD) collextion to h264 and I don't want to reencode everything just for a different codec. Also streaming under Linux is still non-HD where hardware support only matters in terms of energy savings.

Leave a comment:

• chocolate
    replied
    did they fix this: https://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/I965Todo/ problem plus I965Errata

it will be nice if someone does something about broken Hardware video acceleration in Haswell and older IGPU with libva-intel-driver. ( Broadwell (2014) and newer are supported by intel-media-driver.)

Has Beignet ever been in a functional state? I guess Gallium's Clover has a better chance to become functional for gen6/7 than Beignet.

I'm fairly ignorant regarding accelerated video decoding. Is H264 HW acceleration still relevant with VP8/VP9/AV1 streaming? Is generic video acceleration through shaders possible? Is it present today? Does it offer any speed or power consumption advantages over pure CPU decoding? Does all this even matter if the codec is already digested well by the CPU at reasonable resolutions?

Leave a comment:

• HechKim
    replied
    That is good news to my GM45 laptop and also a really good work that shows Open Source drivers are great!

Leave a comment:

• Aryma
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chocolate
    replied
    Thanks for keeping older ThinkPads alive and relevant, as well as Iris 5xxx systems that were not too shabby at the time and are still perfectly fine today, except for incomplete Vulkan support (due to hardware shortcomings, apparently).

As far as (light) gaming is concerned, support for Gallium Nine would have been a nice-to-have back when the hardware was new. Perhaps if Intel went with Gallium sooner, OpenGL support would have progressed more quickly as well? Who knows. All I know is that the hardware has been stuck with OpenGL pre-4.0 for so long, it basically stagnated to the point of obsolescence. When OpenGL 4.5 finally came, it was too late. Additional extensions such as GL_ARB_bindless_texture never made it into i965, so native titles such as Tomb Raider (2013) couldn't make use of it.

What's important now is that models such as the ThinkPad T420, T430, T440 will not be left to die and will still work out of the box without the need for a separate legacy Mesa, in case plans to deprecate older drivers goes through. They will remain relevant until desktop environments also deprecate any and all OpenGL paths and go Vulkan only in a few years.

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    If you want to easily test on Ubuntu I enabled crocus in my PPA: https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archiv...phics-drivers/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X