X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kxmas
    replied
    Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
    Audio wise, 8.10 on my system silences itself every 2-3 days. Maybe it's PulseAudio that fucked up. It refuses to play any media. Have to do a restart.
    With all the noise from notifications and obnoxious websites, are you sure that's not a feature?

Leave a comment:

• chaos386
    replied
    Audio wise, 8.10 on my system silences itself every 2-3 days. Maybe it's PulseAudio that fucked up. It refuses to play any media. Have to do a restart.
    My system does this too, but ending/killing pulseaudio* is enough to get sound back, no reboot required.

*I forget if you need to restart pulseaudio manually or not.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Ubuntu's quality control has been very bad recently.
    That remains to be seen.

It's most definitely Pulse. It's DOA after about 2-3 days of uptime. I don't know if the problem could have been avoided (They're not the ones coding it, the prior version had much worse issues with it, and I think they may have finally sorted it out.).

Firefox under Compiz always starts full screen, covering everything. I have to press F11 twice to get it back to normal.
    I've not experienced that, though I've experienced bad crap from poorly coded websites with JS that forces the window size to fullscreen by way of setting insane window sizes...but then that's a Windows-ism there...

Leave a comment:

• FunkyRider
    replied
    Ubuntu's quality control has been very bad recently.

Firefox under Compiz always starts full screen, covering everything. I have to press F11 twice to get it back to normal.

All those big and small problems creates a feel that this system is not so stable... which reminds me of Windows

Leave a comment:

• Wyatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Kjella View Post
    developers call one thing and the code is something completely different *cough*KDE4*cough*.
    Because "KDE 4.0 will eat your children" just wasn't descriptive enough.

Leave a comment:

• MrCooper
    replied
    Originally posted by piquadrat View Post
    Funny, I geat all kinds of graphical corruptions with UXA disabled in Jaunty. First, I thought that it's related to Qt 4.5, but as soon as I changed my xorg.conf to use UXA, all corruptions went away and I got a major performace boost for free.
    Does

Option "EXAOptimizeMigration" "off"

help with EXA?

Leave a comment:

• TheK
    replied
    Originally posted by piquadrat View Post
    Funny, I geat all kinds of graphical corruptions with UXA disabled in Jaunty. First, I thought that it's related to Qt 4.5, but as soon as I changed my xorg.conf to use UXA, all corruptions went away and I got a major performace boost for free.
    Interesting; which intel GMA is that? For me (855) it hung and gave some corruptions. I also had some with 2.6.1, but those are gone since .3

Leave a comment:

• Kjella
    replied
    Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
    I guess this is also a message to the intel guys that shipping alpha/beta quality software as stable is not in the interest of the distributors and causing a _lot_ of pain for end-users.
    I haven't been paying attention to what claims Intel has made, but part of an open source development process is that alpha/beta software is developed out in the open and for use at your own risk. There's really no code too poor to release, as long it's communicated that something is "highly experimental" and not ready for use. Problems only happen when developers call one thing and the code is something completely different *cough*KDE4*cough*.

Leave a comment:

• Linuxhippy
    replied
    good descision

I guess this is also a message to the intel guys that shipping alpha/beta quality software as stable is not in the interest of the distributors and causing a _lot_ of pain for end-users.

Leave a comment:

• piquadrat
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X