Canonical To Not Enable UXA, Too Problematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kjella View Post
    developers call one thing and the code is something completely different *cough*KDE4*cough*.
    Because "KDE 4.0 will eat your children" just wasn't descriptive enough.

Comment

Ubuntu's quality control has been very bad recently.

Audio wise, 8.10 on my system silences itself every 2-3 days. Maybe it's PulseAudio that fucked up. It refuses to play any media. Have to do a restart.

Firefox under Compiz always starts full screen, covering everything. I have to press F11 twice to get it back to normal.

All those big and small problems creates a feel that this system is not so stable... which reminds me of Windows

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
        Ubuntu's quality control has been very bad recently.
        That remains to be seen.

Audio wise, 8.10 on my system silences itself every 2-3 days. Maybe it's PulseAudio that fucked up. It refuses to play any media. Have to do a restart.
        It's most definitely Pulse. It's DOA after about 2-3 days of uptime. I don't know if the problem could have been avoided (They're not the ones coding it, the prior version had much worse issues with it, and I think they may have finally sorted it out.).

Firefox under Compiz always starts full screen, covering everything. I have to press F11 twice to get it back to normal.
        I've not experienced that, though I've experienced bad crap from poorly coded websites with JS that forces the window size to fullscreen by way of setting insane window sizes...but then that's a Windows-ism there...

Comment

My system does this too, but ending/killing pulseaudio* is enough to get sound back, no reboot required.

*I forget if you need to restart pulseaudio manually or not.

Comment

With all the noise from notifications and obnoxious websites, are you sure that's not a feature?

Comment

Working...
            X