Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.13 - Another Step In Prepping Intel Discrete Graphics, Preferring Local Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.13 - Another Step In Prepping Intel Discrete Graphics, Preferring Local Memory

Phoronix: Linux 5.13 - Another Step In Prepping Intel Discrete Graphics, Preferring Local Memory

Over the past two years we have seen a lot of Intel Linux kernel graphics driver work in preparing to support Intel discrete graphics cards. That work is still ongoing even for the DG1 graphics card that has been sampling to customers while Linux 5.13 will take things another step forward this summer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder how well is the kernel driver prepared to deal with multiple Intel dGPUs in the same system. I hope pretty well and I hope it is tested internally. It is useful for OpenCL and Vulkan, but there might be more use cases.

Comment

Originally posted by baryluk View Post
      I wonder how well is the kernel driver prepared to deal with multiple Intel dGPUs in the same system. I hope pretty well and I hope it is tested internally. It is useful for OpenCL and Vulkan, but there might be more use cases.
      As far as I know the Intel dGPU is still not enabled on Linux, so it's still too soon to question the possibility of getting two of those working.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

As far as I know the Intel dGPU is still not enabled on Linux, so it's still too soon to question the possibility of getting two of those working.
        Last I saw the kernel driver can't manage 2 intel GPUs simultaneously, you have to hand the discrete to a VM.

Comment

Working...
        X