No announcement yet.

Intel's VA-API Library LibVA 2.11 Released With Support For Protected Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's VA-API Library LibVA 2.11 Released With Support For Protected Content

Phoronix: Intel's VA-API Library LibVA 2.11 Released With Support For Protected Content

Intel's VA-API library (libVA) is out with a new end-of-quarter release for this open-source Linux video acceleration interface...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...API-LibVA-2.11

Stop lying to me. I don't trust it, so don't call it trusted.

Comment

Full Description of LibVA Protected Content API :

The Protected content APIs provide a generic mechanism for protected session management with various assets in system such as Trusted Execution Environment(TEE), GPU, Display. The protected session management includes create, destroy, attach/detach, and execute according to contract with TEE, GPU, and Display. The behavior of protected session APIs depend on parameterization/configuration of protected sessions according to usage cases such as TEE Communication Tools, Hardware Digital Rights Management(HWDRM) etc.
      The Protected Content APIs play following roles - In TEE Communication Tools, the APIs manifest as TEE client to honor TEE contract; In HWDRM, APIs manifest as TEE/GPU/Display client to honor HWDRM contract.
      The Protected Content APIs execute following workloads - In TEE Communication Tools, the APIs provide infrastructure to execute TEE workloads such as TEE capability discovery, versioning, provisioning etc.; In HWDRM, the APIs provide infrastructure to execute HWDRM playback workloads such as license acquisition, HW acceleration e.g. decryption/decoding of protected video/audio contents, protected content display etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Stop lying to me. I don't trust it, so don't call it trusted.
        I think it's from the perspective of a program running on it. I can see its use-cases, but that won't make me use DRM. Is there a way to disable that support in VA-API?

Anyway, there's still the analog hole. As long as they don't put a TEE inside our brains, it will be difficult to close that one. Insist on Free Software for your brain!

Comment

This is only ever going to be used on Chromebooks and other Linux based systems, so don't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
          X