Intel Begins Landing Their Open-Source Vulkan Driver Ray-Tracing Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Begins Landing Their Open-Source Vulkan Driver Ray-Tracing Support

Phoronix: Intel Begins Landing Their Open-Source Vulkan Driver Ray-Tracing Support

This week marked the release of Vulkan 1.2.162 with the ray-tracing extensions now finalized. As such Intel's stellar open-source team has begun landing their work around Vulkan ray-tracing ahead of the Xe HPG hardware availability that will support this functionality...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Compiler-Lands

Is this going to be supported on the enthusiast card?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Is this going to be supported on the enthusiast card?
      I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
      The real question is rather when will Intel have a competitive enthusiast graphics card?
      With other manufactures we have to wait for for the drivers to catch up but with Intel i think we will have to wait for the hardware to catch up.

Comment

Have to give props to Intel for not treating the OS that runs the enterprise as an afterthought. AMD has about a month or two lag time, and Nvidia is all but a rotting corpse unless AI is stamped on the hardware.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Intel's software team were to be merged with AMD's hardware/IP stack. It won't happen, but there is a possible synergy there. I guess that's life. You can't have it all until you reach the pearly gates.

Comment

I just like that interstellar quote:
          Originally posted by michael
          Intel's stellar open-source team

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
            Have to give props to Intel for not treating the OS that runs the enterprise as an afterthought. AMD has about a month or two lag time, and Nvidia is all but a rotting corpse unless AI is stamped on the hardware.
            We have code ready much earlier (typically a year or more) but the upstreaming schedule is negotiated with business/marketing teams. I think you will see the situation improve over the next year or so.

Comment

Working...
            X