Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Xe Graphics' Incredible Performance Uplift From OpenCL To oneAPI Level Zero To Vulkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Xe Graphics' Incredible Performance Uplift From OpenCL To oneAPI Level Zero To Vulkan

Phoronix: Intel Xe Graphics' Incredible Performance Uplift From OpenCL To oneAPI Level Zero To Vulkan

Since picking up the Dell XPS 13 9310 for delivering Tiger Lake Linux benchmarks, most of the focus so far has been about the overall processor performance while in this article is our first deep dive into the Gen12 Xe Graphics performance on Linux with Intel's fully open-source graphics and compute stack. Here is a look at how the Tiger Lake Xe Graphics performance is with the Core i7-1165G7 ranging from OpenGL and Vulkan graphics tests to OpenCL, oneAPI Level Zero, and Vulkan compute tests.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Had you thrown an AMD APU or mobile chip in there, these might have been actually useful. I know AMD doesn't support all the tested APIs, but it should still be able to complete some of the tests.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Had you thrown an AMD APU or mobile chip in there, these might have been actually useful. I know AMD doesn't support all the tested APIs, but it should still be able to complete some of the tests.
      There are some AMD results in there, I guess you didn't look at all the pages.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

iGPU with 1.7 TFLOPS !

Comment

neat

Comment

Solid improvements. NIce write-up, Michael.

Through my Gen12 testing so far I haven't encountered any hangs or any other software issues. Intel also continues punctually providing new Compute-Runtime/IGC tagged releases basically on a weekly basis that are also accompanied by Ubuntu binaries that work well for making easy user deployment. There were zero headaches in getting Intel's open-source compute stack up and running with the current Ubuntu release and it all just worked without worries for this brand new hardware.
            With all the hate we give Intel these days, I think they deserve some credit for delivering a good user experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

There are some AMD results in there, I guess you didn't look at all the pages.
              Single page here, I stopped scrolling when I got to overview graphs, because that's where your articles usually stop.
              Impressive results, indeed.
              Last edited by bug77; 23 October 2020, 12:22 PM. Reason: quoted the wrong post

Comment

Hmm, a NUC with one of these chips can out run my 2400g, I look forward to seeing AMDs APU response. If AMD won't sell APUs to enthusiasts it sure looks like Intel will.

Comment

Michael do i get subscribed to forum post just because i've read them without making any comment?

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
                    Michael do i get subscribed to forum post just because i've read them without making any comment?
                    Shouldn't be unless you make a comment or hit the subscribe button.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X