Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayden
    replied
    Jason landed another improvement today: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...540aae2e87daa3

I'm not sure on the timing for the next set. I have patches written and passing conformance in a branch, but need to follow up with some hardware folks first—they might be a bit too ambitious, and may need to be reworked. That's probably not going to land this week. This work should help DXVK titles in particular, as there's a D3D concept which normally would be cached in L1 being mapped to a Vulkan concept which currently isn't being cached in L1. Just need to nail down a few details about how best to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Kayden View Post
    I hope to have some follow up patches soon—Felix and I believe there are more gains to be had.
    Any idea if we are talking days or more like weeks before they'd be ready for mainline? (Just trying to figure out timing of my next tests, thanks!) BTW will have some Windows vs. Linux reference figures on my end in the coming days.

Leave a comment:

• Kayden
    replied
    I hope to have some follow up patches soon—Felix and I believe there are more gains to be had. :)

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Intel Lands A Hefty Tiger Lake Graphics Optimization

Intel Lands A Hefty Tiger Lake Graphics Optimization

Phoronix: Intel Lands A Hefty Tiger Lake Graphics Optimization

From my Tiger Lake testing so far with the Core i7 1165G7, the "Gen12" Xe Graphics have been quite compelling with a very nice upgrade over Gen11 and especially obvious win over the very common still Gen9 graphics. With Mesa 20.3, another measurable performance is on the way for the Intel Vulkan driver with Tiger Lake...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X