Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel DG1 Sound Support Coming For Linux 5.10

Phoronix: Intel DG1 Sound Support Coming For Linux 5.10

Intel continues bringing up the DG1 discrete graphics card under Linux with continued refinements set to hit for Linux 5.10...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Given Intel's original "Arctic Sound" codename for their discrete Xe Graphics GPU effort, queue the jokes in the forums about the sound support coming late.
    Seriously. Intel needs accurate codenames. Nvidia sure got it right with Ampere -- because boy do those cards love the Amps -- and AMD is of course spot on by naming its cards after dead fish.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Given Intel's original "Arctic Sound" codename
      It sounds cool!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post

Seriously. Intel needs accurate codenames. Nvidia sure got it right with Ampere -- because boy do those cards love the Amps -- and AMD is of course spot on by naming its cards after dead fish.
        Best codenames I encountered so far were Xylospongium and Augustiner Schweinshaxn as it was featured https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...einshaxe&num=1

Comment

I am so definitely going to buy Intel graphics, I can't even express it.

Comment

Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post
            I am so definitely going to buy Intel graphics, I can't even express it.
            true, Intel dGPU on desktop would be nice if it can offer good enough performance.

I'm looking forward to benchmarks of DG1 as a discrete GPU, without having to compete with the CPU parts for power.

Comment

Working...
            X