Intel Engineers Begin Landing Open-Source Support For TDX, Intel Key Locker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Engineers Begin Landing Open-Source Support For TDX, Intel Key Locker

Phoronix: Intel Engineers Begin Landing Open-Source Support For TDX, Intel Key Locker

Last month Intel published a whitepaper on TDX as Trust Domain Extensions as a means of better securing virtual machines. TDX allows for isolating VMs from the hypervisor and other non-VMM system software. Intel TDX builds off other recent work around MKTME memory encryption and other features. We are now beginning to see that software side support roll-out along with the also-new Key Locker instructions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Last night hitting LLVM 12 Git was TDX instructions support. New instructions added are SEAMCALL for calling the SEAM VMX-root operation module, SEAMRET to return to the legacy VMX-root operation, SEAMOPS for SEAM operations, and TDCALL to call the SEAM module functions.
    Just imagine being non-geek and reading a paragraph like that

So did anyone else do combo WTF/LOL when they read "PLATFORM ADMIN" and "DISCREET AND INTEGRATED DEVICES" under the "NOT TRUSTED BY TD" category. So my computer won't trust me, my GPU, or my thumb drive of music

sudo mount -t f2fs /dev/sdf1 /mnt/usb
    I'm sorry Dave. That's a discreet device. I don't trust you or you using that.
    startx
    I'm sorry Dave. I don't trust my own integrated GPU.
    I should have bought a Ryzen

Disclaimer: I'm just being stupid. I know that's not how any of this works.

Comment

I didn't see MKTME announced in the recent Ice Lake Server announcements. What's happening with that?

Comment

Originally posted by jayN View Post
        I didn't see MKTME announced in the recent Ice Lake Server announcements. What's happening with that?
        While not being an authoritative source WikiChip still lists TME for Ice Lake Server.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          I should have bought a Ryzen
          [/SIZE]
          No Dave ....No .....Dave ....

Comment

Working...
          X