Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Probably Won't See Intel Evo "Project Athena" Linux Laptops In The Near Term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Probably Won't See Intel Evo "Project Athena" Linux Laptops In The Near Term

Phoronix: You Probably Won't See Intel Evo "Project Athena" Linux Laptops In The Near Term

In addition to Intel talking a lot today in virtual briefings about the new 11th Gen "Tiger Lake" mobile processors, they were also talking at a higher level extensively on their second-generation "Project Athena" laptop innovation program and their new Intel Evo branding for premium laptops...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Samsung v. Intel Corporation!

Wasn't "evo" a branding for Samsung's SSDs?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      You Probably Won't See Intel Evo "Project Athena" Linux Laptops In The Near Term
      Yeah, whodathunk.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

And Mitsubishi Lancers

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

And Mitsubishi Lancers
          But they are officially called "Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution" - "evo" or "lan-evo" is just a short nickname AFAIK.

Comment

Awesome, hopefully this will mean I don't have as much trouble shopping for a laptop with a display that isn't stuck on 2011 tech, manufactured in 2017 and sold on current year new products.. You'd think that they'd be using the newer standards where you can enjoy better power management and thus longer batter life, but nope..

Comment

Yeee, the Centrino certification for laptops is back!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Its a homage to the legendary Compaq Evo ....maybe

Comment

So I guess this means with manufacturers eager to get that sticker quite few tiger lake laptops will be available without windows I guess.

glad this time buying a laptop with a non-intel CPU isn't something to worry about like just a few years back.

Comment

I was really looking forward seeing if the claimed responsiveness is a true evolution in power management. Apparently it's just a bag of Windows-only tricks.
                    Just when Linux started handling ACPI quirks rather well, we get this
                    Last edited by bug77; 03 September 2020, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X