No announcement yet.

Intel Offers New Xe Graphics Details, Product Updates At 2020 Architecture Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Offers New Xe Graphics Details, Product Updates At 2020 Architecture Day

Phoronix: Intel Offers New Xe Graphics Details, Product Updates At 2020 Architecture Day

This week Intel held their 2020 Architecture Day, albeit virtual due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A lot of interesting technical information was shared on both the hardware and software sides. Here are some of the interesting highlights.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Super cool and shiny, then after six months we are going to discover another abysmal design flaw that will annoying us for next ten years...

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
      Super cool and shiny, then after six months we are going to discover another abysmal design flaw that will annoying us for next ten years...
      Maybe, but that doesn't mean it won't ever happen for anyone else.

I will be more than happy if they get a GPU into the middle of Nvidia and AMD high performance models especially with ray tracing. My only disappointment is that it isn't this year or if they don't at all.

Comment

The deck makes me crack up because they have to put a notice triangle in the upper left corner to make sure you know this is "new" info. They wouldn't need it if they stopped doing these official "unofficial" leaks to the tech press. "Hey, look at us...we have something official to tell you....we are being real this time....not leaking anything"

Comment

If you could buy slides, Intel would be rolling in $$$.

Comment

I woke up so typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            IGC has been protoyped internally for Mesa.

Comment

I fixed the typos:

Next year's [Secureless] Rapids Xeon CPUs will[maybe/hopefully/Please] be built on their 10nm SuperFin process[fingers crossed]
              while supporting DDR5, PCIe 4.0, Compute Express Link 1.1, and other previously discussed features.

^^^ It's supposed to be pcie 5.0 [five]

Comment

Competition is great for us consumers.
                Waiting for benchmarks when all this hw will be released.

Comment

The biggest news from this "Architecture Day" wasn't even released. It was this...

1: You won't BELIEVE the size of the Marketing Kickback dollars we are going to give to Dell, HP, Lenovo, Asus, Acer and Google to put our shit in their systems next year and shut out decent design wins for AMD.

2: We have come up with a new and IMPROVED glue formulation that is 10X STRONGER in order to keep all the new decals on all those Marketing Kickback funded computers. Along with the ubiquitous "Intel i-Something_Meaningless Inside" decals you will now see "Intel Xe_Something Meaningless Powered" decals, "Intel OneAPI Powered" decals, and "This Laptop/Desktop/AIO Is Powered By Marketing Kickbacks" decals festooned ALL over your device's chassis. All with new and improved 10X stronger "Intel Inside" glue to make it even MORE impossible to pry off. Intel will probably make a decal for that too.

Comment

Oh...almost forgot. Intel will make a decal that states "This Decal is made with our new and improved 14nm +++++++++ process".

Of course Intel will have to use a 14 pt ++++++++ font to fit all that text in a decal because they can't get their 7 pt font to work right. And they'll call their 14 pt++++++++ font 10 pt font because...you know...the tech journalists will believe it.

Comment

Working...
                    X