Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel DG1 Graphics Card Bring-Up On Linux Continues - Latest Bits For Local Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel DG1 Graphics Card Bring-Up On Linux Continues - Latest Bits For Local Memory

Phoronix: Intel DG1 Graphics Card Bring-Up On Linux Continues - Latest Bits For Local Memory

Recently there have been a lot of open-source Linux patches flowing concerning Intel's bring-up of their DG1 discrete graphics card for developers. That work continued this week with the latest patches in wiring up LMEM support...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...M-Patch-Series

Can you just release DG1 and company already?... I really can't wait moreeeee...

Comment

Does anyone know if this new Intel DG1 will support Intel GVT-g virtualization?
      This would be one of the killer features (given the high prices of NVIDIA GRID and AMD MxGPU).

Comment

Originally posted by adevur View Post
        Does anyone know if this new Intel DG1 will support Intel GVT-g virtualization?
        This would be one of the killer features (given the high prices of NVIDIA GRID and AMD MxGPU).
        Literally this, even if it can only run at the speed of a R7 250 with GVT-g virtualization and it is not horrendously expensive, I'll like two of these, three if they make a low profile card. Big bonus if I can plug-n-play accelerate blender with the card too.

Comment

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post

Literally this, even if it can only run at the speed of a R7 250 with GVT-g virtualization and it is not horrendously expensive, I'll like two of these, three if they make a low profile card. Big bonus if I can plug-n-play accelerate blender with the card too.
          Yeah that would be nice, but Intel has a terrible history of aggressive market segmentation. We can only hope that they will out-feature the established GPU manufacturer landscape in order to break through.

Comment

Working...
          X