Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Preparing Platform Monitoring Technology - Hardware Telemetry With Tiger Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by make_adobe_on_Linux! View Post

Do you work for Microsoft's systemd team? Because my fantasy is the baby-making missionary style of hardware - implying it is some far-off kink is shilling.
    Why do you think I'm here? Because Intel ME and PSP are not sexy enough for me. I prefer the OpenBDSM game Plegde() and Unveil()

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post

Intel fixes their CPU vulnerabilities?

Shirley you jest!

I know ... stop calling you Shirley!
      I meant they're fixed in the Kernel. :>

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post

Not only is this 100% correct, but it's amusing that the same people who think DRM is an evil-mind control project are screaming and moaning about "spying" for hardware features that let you know how your processor is actually operating. So today's line is that black-boxes are great because reasons. It's like claiming Linux is clearly spyware because ANYBODY can see the code your system is executing.

Then again, 2 years from now when AMD starts using this framework the same people will claim it's a miracle of innovation that was single-handedly invented out of thin air by Lisa Su herself to save all of humanity. So ignorance and bigotry are sadly still going strong.
        What a terrible manipulation. The code you're running on Linux usually comes from Open Source. You can check its source and compare if you want. Fedora has very good policy when comes to building binaries. Furthermore, thanks to flatpak such code can be run in sandboxed environment. When the CPU knows what is running it puts entire security into risk. Give me a single reason why I should trust some closed source mechanisms? Or perhaps all of this including every part of complete PC will be transparent? Stop fooling us.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
          You are lucky - trump will never understand this technology ...
          Nor dummy Obama, nor globalist Bush, nor crooked Hillary, nor senile China Joe. Geeks rarely make good leaders. Had the displeasure of working for a few geeks-turned-senior-managers in my life, it didn't work out well.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
            Nor dummy Obama, nor globalist Bush, nor crooked Hillary, nor senile China Joe. Geeks rarely make good leaders. Had the displeasure of working for a few geeks-turned-senior-managers in my life, it didn't work out well.
            I fear we are working in the same institute ? I remember some of this kind. But on the other hand managers thinking they are geeks but arent is bad aswell. Then stuff like : "We have to bring the UV light into the body to kill the virus..." comes up.

Comment

Great more Intel spyware as if ME wasn't enough.
              I'll hold on to my Libreboot Thinkpad T400.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
                ...it's amusing that the same people who think DRM is an evil-mind control project are screaming and moaning about "spying" for hardware features that let you know how your processor is actually operating. So today's line is that black-boxes are great because reasons. It's like claiming Linux is clearly spyware because ANYBODY can see the code your system is executing.
                Imagine being this much of a brainlet...

Comment

Working...
                X