Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel NIR I/O Vectorization Ported From The AMD ACO Back-End - ~10% Performance Boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humbug
    replied
    Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

Last time I check ACO its a paid job from Valve, not a community effort, the devs are paid for that they simply maintain the code open nothing more
    It's still community work right? .
    The fact that Valve sponsors them doesn't change that?
    I.e. it's still devs outside of AMD.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by ddriver View Post
    Same old intel, does everything it can to prevent amd from doing their own contributions or god forbid, port intel contributions to benefit amd systems, but has no problem to borrow amd contributions to benefit intel systems... abhorrent...
    Good grief, this comment is embarrassing on multiple levels.

Leave a comment:

• cb88
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mattst88
    replied
    Same old intel, does everything it can to prevent amd from doing their own contributions or god forbid, port intel contributions to benefit amd systems, but has no problem to borrow amd contributions to benefit intel systems... abhorrent...
    /me facepalms

Leave a comment:

• Venemo
    replied
    I think there is a misunderstanding here. Nobody actually stole anything from anyone.

The load/store vectorizer was developed in NIR from the start, so anyone who uses NIR can benefit from it. Yes, it was used by ACO first, but there isn't any problem with other compilers using it too.

As with any other code, Intel using the load/store vectorizer means that the code will see more use and testing, and will get more improvements and collaboration, which will benefit everyone.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    I usually dont like intels greedy Business tactics. But in this case I can not be against them. That is what opensource is for and to be honest intel already contributes a lot. So it is not lile nvidia doing chery picking. Intel delivers a very stable and flawless experience with their igpus under opensource drivers.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by arokh View Post

6 likes to a hateful comment on an article bringing news about a 10% improvement for Intel users. I remember when internet access used to be around 2-3 KB/sec and had extra usage cost, such comments didn't exist back then. I also had a Voodoo2 at that time that I could play Quake 1 with using Mesa.

Leave a comment:

• grigi
    replied
    I'm anticipating the 10% speedup on my Laptop! Hmm, maybe I should switch back to Mesa git...

Leave a comment:

• arokh
    replied
    6 likes to a hateful comment on an article bringing news about a 10% improvement for Intel users. I remember when internet access used to be around 2-3 KB/sec and had extra usage cost, such comments didn't exist back then. I also had a Voodoo2 at that time that I could play Quake 1 with using Mesa.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Don't forget that radv itself was based on anv design to begin with, so it's only a good thing there is cross collaboration.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X