Intel Boosts Gen7 GPU Vulkan Compute Performance By ~330% For Geekbench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Boosts Gen7 GPU Vulkan Compute Performance By ~330% For Geekbench

Phoronix: Intel Boosts Gen7 GPU Vulkan Compute Performance By ~330% For Geekbench

Intel's open-source "ANV" Vulkan driver for Linux doesn't see much attention for pre-Broadwell hardware but today it saw a big improvement for Vulkan compute on aging Gen7 Ivybridge/Haswell era hardware...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...te-Cache-Boost

It would be nice to have configurable power budget for GPU v. CPU, it would be helpful for tasks such as transcoding or light gaming.

Comment

Holy "#¤%#¤% oversight, Batman...

Comment

big oops!

Comment

Amazi-

....and then, another set of vulnerabilities will be found and the improvement is nullified by the mitigations. :<

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            Amazi-

....and then, another set of vulnerabilities will be found and the improvement is nullified by the mitigations. :<
            Think of it the other way around... This is banking performance for the next round of vulnerability mitigations.

Also, given that my work laptop is a quad core mobile haswell, I'm interested

Comment

Why is there no link to this in the article?

Comment

Great. I'm happy to see this as I still have a Haswell laptop, though I'm planning to replace it soon. Not so timely for me, but still nice to see.

Comment

Is it possible to use both Discrete gpu and Intel integrated one in a Vulkan game?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                    Why is there no link to this in the article?
                    I found it at https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/..._requests/3912

Comment

Working...
                    X