Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Sends Out Latest Patches For Mitigating Graphics Flaw On Ivybridge/Haswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Intel Sends Out Latest Patches For Mitigating Graphics Flaw On Ivybridge/Haswell

    Phoronix: Intel Sends Out Latest Patches For Mitigating Graphics Flaw On Ivybridge/Haswell

    It has been one month and a few days since Intel first made public the need for graphics driver patching of Gen 7/7.5 graphics for older Ivybridge / Haswell hardware to fix a graphics hardware flaw. That vulnerability also affected the common Intel Gen9 graphics but there the mitigation was uneventful and quickly merged without causing any performance hit. But for Ivybridge/Haswell one month later the graphics driver mitigation for CVE-2019-14615 is still being addressed...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...uary-iGPU-Leak

  • #2
    With constant news like this, I'm really looking forward to replacing my 3570k desktop and Thinkpad X250 with an 8 core Ryzen 4000 laptop.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mzeb View Post
      With constant news like this, I'm really looking forward to replacing my 3570k desktop and Thinkpad X250 with an 8 core Ryzen 4000 laptop.
      I'm waiting impatiently for a laptop coming with decent AMD graphics to replace my M395X. I don't think the 5700M is too far away, but I'm hoping there might be a 5800M/5900M part

      Comment


      • #4
        any hope for this 2 gen to have gallium3d driver at least ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Aryma View Post
          any hope for this 2 gen to have gallium3d driver at least ?
          No, Iris Gallium3D is just for Broadwell Gen8 and newer.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mzeb View Post
            With constant news like this, I'm really looking forward to replacing my 3570k desktop and Thinkpad X250 with an 8 core Ryzen 4000 laptop.
            I hope Lenovo launches a new Thinkpad X1 Extreme based on AMD. Doubt it will happen but one can hope. A T series with AMD and high-end specs would suffice too.

            Comment


            • #7
              lowlands There was a recent leak of Realtek audio driver on github which listed a few upcoming Thinkpad models (via HN)

              AMD based are
              • E14 Gen 2-AMD (E495 successor)
              • E15 Gen 2-AMD (E595 successor)
              • T14 AMD (T495 successor)
              • T14s AMD (T495s successor)
              • X13 AMD (X395 successor)
              That's it. No Thinkpad Yoga, no L-series, no X1, no 11-series AMD. The Thor-TP name sounds interesting but I am fairly sure that one is not AMD.

              So when it comes to Lenovo business models, there has been exactly zero progress on AMD model selection since the launch of Picasso (which had the T495s and X395 over Raven Ridge). AMD Renoir expanded mostly into plastic consumer laptop territory.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by chithanh View Post
                lowlands There was a recent leak of Realtek audio driver on github which listed a few upcoming Thinkpad models (via HN)

                AMD based are
                • E14 Gen 2-AMD (E495 successor)
                • E15 Gen 2-AMD (E595 successor)
                • T14 AMD (T495 successor)
                • T14s AMD (T495s successor)
                • X13 AMD (X395 successor)
                That's it. No Thinkpad Yoga, no L-series, no X1, no 11-series AMD. The Thor-TP name sounds interesting but I am fairly sure that one is not AMD.

                So when it comes to Lenovo business models, there has been exactly zero progress on AMD model selection since the launch of Picasso (which had the T495s and X395 over Raven Ridge). AMD Renoir expanded mostly into plastic consumer laptop territory.
                Thanks @chithanh that's great to know. Now let's hope the T495/T495S AMD successors get a ton of high-end features. If not I may settle for an X1 Extreme with AMD GPU

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lowlands View Post

                  Thanks @chithanh that's great to know. Now let's hope the T495/T495S AMD successors get a ton of high-end features. If not I may settle for an X1 Extreme with AMD GPU
                  I could use a replacement for my spouses X495 dual module Llano laptop.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X