No announcement yet.

Intel Core i9 10980XE Linux Performance Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't the 9980XE that the 10980XE replaces be a better comparison than the 7980XE?
    You have benchmarked it before (?):

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

(By the way, anyone knows how to enable single page viewing of articles as a premium member? Logged in but can't make it work)
    Last edited by kd__; 25 November 2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Damn, i feel bad for Intel once the embargo is down the puny 10980XE will look like a ford fiesta vs an Lamborghini Vision V12 when compared to ThreadRipper 3000, Jesus they are in for a beating ...

Comment

Originally posted by kd__ View Post
        Wouldn't the 9980XE that the 10980XE replaces be a better comparison than the 7980XE?
        You have benchmarked it before (?):

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

(By the way, anyone knows how to enable single page viewing of articles as a premium member? Logged in but can't make it work)
        As said in the article, I never had any 9980XE... OpenBenchmarking.org allows uploads from anyone, all those i9-9980XE results are from other users.

Are you checking the 'remember me' box when logging in?
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

As said in the article, I never had any 9980XE... OpenBenchmarking.org allows uploads from anyone, all those i9-9980XE results are from other users.

Are you checking the 'remember me' box when logging in?
          I just saw the 9980XE mentioned on the first page but I didn't notice the part on the second page where you mention this. Strange of them that they wouldn't send you their previous equivalent HEDT CPU to compare the new one to.
          (Clicking "remember me" did the trick, didn't think it would make a difference since I logged in and then went back to the article, but it does. Thanks.)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Errr yeah MDS too, forgot to mention it, but as shown on the system table inside the article: "- Core i9 10980XE: itlb_multihit: KVM: Mitigation of Split huge pages + l1tf: Not affected + mds: Not affected + meltdown: Not affected + spec_store_bypass: Mitigation of SSB disabled via prctl and seccomp + spectre_v1: Mitigation of usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization + spectre_v2: Mitigation of Enhanced IBRS IBPB: conditional RSB filling + tsx_async_abort: Mitigation of TSX disabled"
            Cheers Michael thanks for the clarification

Comment

Gotta say, this was substantially better than I had expected. I'm not exactly sure how they pulled off better efficiency numbers, and the price point (though still very expensive) is finally reasonable. I think the 2990WX was the obvious choice over the 7980XE, but, I think the 10980XE is better than both. However, I have a strong feeling the 10980XE will be dethroned pretty very soon by the TR 3000 series.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                Gotta say, this was substantially better than I had expected. I'm not exactly sure how they pulled off better efficiency numbers, and the price point (though still very expensive) is finally reasonable. I think the 2990WX was the obvious choice over the 7980XE, but, I think the 10980XE is better than both. However, I have a strong feeling the 10980XE will be dethroned pretty very soon by the TR 3000 series.
                Thats why they have placed the embargo

Comment

Working...
                X