Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Ice Lake Out In The Cold - Intel Core i7-1065G7

Phoronix: Running Ice Lake Out In The Cold - Intel Core i7-1065G7

For looking at any difference in thermal throttling and peak frequencies, I ran the Dell XPS with Intel Core i7-1065G7 "Ice Lake" processor out in a cold garage overnight compared to normal operating temperatures inside across dozens of benchmarks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

1000 degree knife tests when?

Comment

You should start a GoFundMe or something for a controlled climate chamber

Comment

interesting test

does notebook bios allow adjusting and raising TDP limit/duration for boost frequencies? maybe that would have more impact under colder temps ?

Comment

The problem with this CPU is that it is impossible to dissipate the heat it generates.

#AMD #Intel #Picasso #IceLake i7-1065G7 vs i5-8250U vs Ryzen 7 3700U vs Ryzen 5 3500UTech Epiphany TechEpiphanyDell Inspiron 5593Acer A515-51HP 15-db1204ngA...

Comment

Originally posted by jaskij View Post
            You should start a GoFundMe or something for a controlled climate chamber
            The room temperature room? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxxYqE4Gil8

Comment

Michael, please run something which takes at least five minutes to complete, please ;-)

x265/x265 encoding/Blender rendering/etc.

Comment

I had a feeling this wasn't thermal throttling all that bad. Obviously the cold garage made a difference, but for a laptop like this, it isn't a difference that's going to be noticeable to the average user's typical workload.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  Michael, please run something which takes at least five minutes to complete, please ;-)

x265/x265 encoding/Blender rendering/etc.
                  Click on the OpenBenchmarking link, there is Blender, etc.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Personally, I'm looking forward to you testing a Coffee Lake system in a big pot of steaming hot coffee.

Comment

Working...
                    X