Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Icelake "Gen11" Graphics Are A Huge Upgrade Over Gen9 With Good Linux Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It certainly is. If it doesn't go 360, you may just have a broken unit

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
      Is that i7-1065G7 configured as 15w or 25w in that laptop?
      As far as I know, I believe it's configured as 15W. The Razer Blade Stealth 13 Mercury White is the only ICL laptop I've seen to be configured as 25W. The Razer either comes with a 15W TDP + NVIDIA card or a 25W TDP + Icelake graphics. Toms Hardware had some benchmarks showing the performance difference between the 15W and 25W configurations a while back.

(I could be mistaken, that's just what I've seen while looking at laptops recently.)
      Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
      Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

What is the command to test my system compared to these results? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          SuperTuxKart is still a bit rough on Intel graphics at 10800p

Comment

Michael sometimes you make mistakes when saying "x is y% more performant than z". A % of a number respect to another varies depending on the direction of the comparison.

For instance:
            With the aging OpenArena game for those preferring to re-live some Quake III engine titles, the Icelake experience was more than 60% faster.
            This is not correct. If the base number is 65.83 is compared with 117.46, this is a 78% increase. To be clear, 65.83 is 56.04% of 117.46, whereas 117.46 is 178.43% of 65.83.

Comment

What happened to Gen10?

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                What happened to Gen10?
                Cannonlake....
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

It's fun realizing that FPS/W is just frames per joule.

Comment

Originally posted by GraceAsylum View Post
                    What is the command to test my system compared to these results? Thanks in advance.
                    Should be
                    Code:
                    [B]phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1910193-HU-CLEARLINU95[/B]
                    to compare against non-gallium results. I remember that clicking on the icon that is bottom right of the graphics brought you to the test page but now it brings me on the openbenhcmarking home, so I don't know how to get the correct command.

Comment

Working...
                    X