• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V1tol
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    @R41N3R
    @starshipeleven

Actually, most UEFI/BIOS have a option for quick boot. In fact, a Gigabyte mobo I have has a option that boots so fast, you loose the ability to enter again on the UEFI interface, until you erase the CMOS...
    Actually you can boot into UEFI in this case - Windows 10 has a special button in Settings app On Linux Google says
    Code:
    systemctl reboot --firmware-setup
    can do that also.

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Well, optimizing the boot time is nice, but I hope they could really focus on firmware instead of kernel/init:
    Startup finished in 16.115s (firmware) + 339ms (loader) + 4.335s (kernel) + 2.296s (userspace) = 23.086s

I could probably shave off few seconds from kernel/userspace and disable the boot loader, but I couldn't find any way to optimize the UEFI firmware beyond 16 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    Actually, most UEFI/BIOS have a option for quick boot. In fact, a Gigabyte mobo I have has a option that boots so fast, you loose the ability to enter again on the UEFI interface, until you erase the CMOS...
    Try laptops instead. There's nothing you can do to speed them up. Those gamer desktop mobos can boot fast, but most enterprise laptops just won't do it.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
    I'd love to see a Clear Linux-based distro made specifically for Intel-based desktop computers like the NUC/Brix and the mid-range/low-end Intel laptops and ultrabooks that were sold over the past several years.
    Why not just use Clear Linux itself?

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    @R41N3R
    @starshipeleven

Leave a comment:

• TheLexMachine
    replied
    I'd love to see a Clear Linux-based distro made specifically for Intel-based desktop computers like the NUC/Brix and the mid-range/low-end Intel laptops and ultrabooks that were sold over the past several years.

Leave a comment:

• ZeroPointEnergy
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

It's obvious that I'm talking about linux teams not microsoft or intel or other teams. Linux free developers are incompetents.
    The only thing that is obvious is that you have no clue what you are talking about.

You know what is the best thing about this? You really deserve windows

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    Originally posted by ZeroPointEnergy View Post
    Do you know that the "Linux team" would include microsoft, as they are a pretty big contributor to Linux? You knew that right?
    It's obvious that I'm talking about linux teams not microsoft or intel or other teams. Linux free developers are incompetents.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    LOL My poor English is an evidence as well as the incompetence of Linux teams is a clear (-linux) evidence. It's not microsoft but the Intel's team to prove as the linux teams be incompetents.
    If your English is not the best, then maybe you can write in your native language and auto-translate it for us. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, unless you're saying these optimizations should have already been in place in other distros.

Leave a comment:

• ZeroPointEnergy
    replied
    It's not microsoft but the Intel's team to prove as the linux teams be incompetents.
    Do you know that the "Linux team" would include microsoft, as they are a pretty big contributor to Linux? You knew that right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X