Intel Core i9 9900KS Releasing In October With All-Core 5GHz Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i9 9900KS Releasing In October With All-Core 5GHz Turbo

Phoronix: Intel Core i9 9900KS Releasing In October With All-Core 5GHz Turbo

Intel announced at IFA 2019 in Berlin that their Core i9 9900KS processor will be releasing next month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm holding out for the i99-99999XZTurbo99KZ. Sheesh, I feel like Intel's marketing department has forgotten that there are other digits that can be used. Pretty soon 9 will mean nothing. Or maybe that has already happened.

Comment

The 5GHz all-core turbo frequency with the i9-9900KS is said to be possible with normal air cooling.
      But for how long

Comment

Intel then announced security flaw mitigations that will turn this chip into a 1.2 GHz single core Celeron. It will be dubbed a "Pentium II killer".

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

But for how long
          A few seconds/minutes, and then it throttles. Unless you have a liquid cooler, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
            Intel then announced security flaw mitigations that will turn this chip into a 1.2 GHz single core Celeron. It will be dubbed a "Pentium II killer".
            And the next Threadripper will be dubbed an " Intel X-series killer".

Comment

Is possible on air. If it is on their stock cooler, it will be for a couple of seconds. One of the things AMD does right is their coolers. A 3300G have a adequate cooler, while the 3900X have a beefy one that is actually capable of holding its own. And since AMD leaves very little room on their CPUs to overclock, since they are basically maxed out of the box, you have little need to buy a aftermarket cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                Is possible on air. If it is on their stock cooler, it will be for a couple of seconds.
                The 9900K doesn't come with a cooler so the KS variant probably won't either

Comment

Intel can go to hell with their pro-feminism "SJW" stance of late.
                  Last edited by tildearrow; 05 September 2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

And the next Threadripper will be dubbed an " Intel X-series killer".
                    It is (?) clearly a Threadripper 'counterpart' --- announcement.

What do you think when will they announce it?
                    Last edited by nuetzel; 04 September 2019, 05:12 PM. Reason: Question added.

Comment

Working...
                    X