Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Look At Intel's Clear Linux Performance Over The Course Of July

Phoronix: A Look At Intel's Clear Linux Performance Over The Course Of July

Over the course of July, Intel's rolling-release Clear Linux distribution shifted from Linux 5.1 to the brand new Linux 5.2 kernel, pulled in the latest GCC9 branch compiler fixes, updated to Python 3.7.4, rolled out a new OpenJDK build, and had many other package updates and original optimizations applied...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm going to switch to Clear before this time next week (most likely tomorrow)!

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
      I'm going to switch to Clear before this time next week (most likely tomorrow)!
      Man, it uses a lot of data to download required packages. Why? The ISO is already 2.23 GB, can't it just use packages from the ISO?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Man, it uses a lot of data to download required packages. Why? The ISO is already 2.23 GB, can't it just use packages from the ISO?
        It auto-updates while installing in order to address any security issues, etc. arjan_intel might be able to yield more specifics.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ah, I see, thanks. But I have a bigger problem now: GNOME Shell and Enlightenment run fine on Clear, but Plasma doesn't I launch it from SDDM and it never gets past ksplash.

Comment

Working...
          X