X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intelfx
    replied
    Originally posted by coder View Post
    I'm still trying to get my head around this. Does this mean I need to load different firmware blobs based on what I'm doing? How would this affect the ability to use Intel Media SDK and do OpenGL-based 3D rendering, at the same time?
    No. GuC and HuC are not exclusive with regards to each other and basic GPU functionality, except if you hit a bug in either GuC or HuC affecting one of the basic 3D rendering paths.

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    Originally posted by intelfx View Post
    @coder: GuC and HuC are not interchangeable. They serve different purposes.
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm still trying to get my head around this. Does this mean I need to load different firmware blobs based on what I'm doing? How would this affect the ability to use Intel Media SDK and do OpenGL-based 3D rendering, at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• intelfx
    replied
    @coder: GuC and HuC are not interchangeable. They serve different purposes.

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    Is there any disadvantage to using HuC, on devices that properly support it? In other words, do I lose anything by using HuC instead of GuC?

Leave a comment:

• Intel's Linux Driver To Load HuC Firmware By Default For Icelake+

Phoronix: Intel's Linux Driver To Load HuC Firmware By Default For Icelake+

For several generations now of Intel graphics there have been the GuC/HuC firmware binaries while beginning with Icelake "Gen 11" graphics those binary blobs will be loaded by default...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X