Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel GVT-g Live Migration Support Is Nearing Mainline

Phoronix: Intel GVT-g Live Migration Support Is Nearing Mainline

A Phoronix reader pointed out to us this weekend that Intel support for live migration with their graphics virtualization technology is nearing mainline support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is GVT-g support on the roadmap for virt-manager? Any GVT-g setup guides I see mention launching VMs via QEMU from the command line.

Comment

Originally posted by PFee View Post
      Is GVT-g support on the roadmap for virt-manager? Any GVT-g setup guides I see mention launching VMs via QEMU from the command line.
      I don't know status quo, as I just use QEMU directly, but in general, you would expect to see support in libvirt first. Then you would be able to manually create the VM definition and manage it with virt-manager. Would be very nice to have.

Comment

Is Intel GVT-g live migration any nearer to being implemented/supported? Is there a URL that shows the current status of the support for this feature?

Comment

Working...
        X