Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Is Hosting A Clear Linux Event Tomorrow In The Bay Area

Phoronix: Intel Is Hosting A Clear Linux Event Tomorrow In The Bay Area

If you have been curious about Intel's Clear Linux distribution given its stellar performance, usability improvements now with its new desktop installer and forming of the Clear Linux Developer Edition, and growing industry adoption, tomorrow they are hosting a public event in Santa Clara, California...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm looking forward to what they have to show us.
    I tried the live USB version on my XPS 13 9380 today, and everything seemed to work... even the TB16 dock. But then my external keyboard and mouse suddenly stopped working... I tried several USB ports to no avail. Shame...

Given that this is my work computer, I do not dare to try a bare metal install... and installing in a virtual machine hasn't worked out so far. Seems I'll be running Ubuntu for a while longer.

Comment

I had a good time learning about swupd, mixer, autospec, their take on rolling-stateless-linux, and seeing which flags they use for optimization, ie: https://github.com/clearlinux-pkgs/g.../gcc.spec#L249

Looking forward to experimenting with it more in the cloud. I will even enable telemetry to make sure bugs with thermald and powerclamp are reported

Comment

Working...
      X