Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel UHD Graphics 630 With Gallium3D Yields Roughly Radeon HD 5750 Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel UHD Graphics 630 With Gallium3D Yields Roughly Radeon HD 5750 Linux Performance

Phoronix: Intel UHD Graphics 630 With Gallium3D Yields Roughly Radeon HD 5750 Linux Performance

For those wondering how Intel's new Gallium3D-based OpenGL driver is performing relative to various NVIDIA and AMD discrete graphics cards, here are some quick tests of older/lower-end parts...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, uh, gladly there is AMD delivering cards with open source drivers.

Comment

the graphic is finally as fast as a 10 year old graphics card ? <^^>I am impressed</^^>

Comment

It would be very interesting to see how it performs in comparison to AMD integrated graphics, like 2200G, 2400G. Unfortunately, I think michael does not have any...

Comment

Wow, comparable to a card that's nearly 10 years old - Intel must be proud

Release Date
          Oct 13th, 2009

Comment

considering it's their first step in a while, it's not bad at all. i'll wait and see whether they catch up or not.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
              Wow, comparable to a card that's nearly 10 years old - Intel must be proud

Release Date
              Oct 13th, 2009
              They can be proud of the performance/Watt compared to the 10 year old card...
              And they dont need a 500W PSU.
              And they don't need water cooling of whatever was needed.
              And the heatsink does not weight 1kg.
              And it does not take up 500x4x10 cm ...

So yeah, well done intel and thanks for supporting Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post

They can be proud of the performance/Watt compared to the 10 year old card...
                And they dont need a 500W PSU.
                And they don't need water cooling of whatever was needed.
                And the heatsink does not weight 1kg.
                And it does not take up 500x4x10 cm ...

So yeah, well done intel and thanks for supporting Linux.
                Not only that, the ddr4 system memory bus is really crappy compared to 256+ bits wide GDDR.

Comment

The performance of STK sucks bad!

Comment

Originally posted by b8e5n View Post
                    It would be very interesting to see how it performs in comparison to AMD integrated graphics, like 2200G, 2400G. Unfortunately, I think michael does not have any...

This would be nice, I'd especially like to see a Zen 2 review. For a general purpose machine it gets harder and harder to justify a discreet GPU card. I'm not much of a gamer but would love to see some testing with CAD tools. I have to wonder if anybody has seen benchmarking scripts for KiCAD or similar open source software?

Comment

Working...
                    X