Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel's Icelake Gen11 OpenGL & Vulkan Driver Support Is Now Considered Feature-Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Icelake Gen11 OpenGL & Vulkan Driver Support Is Now Considered Feature-Complete

Phoronix: Intel's Icelake Gen11 OpenGL & Vulkan Driver Support Is Now Considered Feature-Complete

It looks like Intel's open-source Linux graphics driver support is now officially ready to roll for the "Gen 11" graphics to be found with Icelake, Elkhart Lake, and whatever other Gen11 graphics parts may end up coming. The latest open-source OpenGL/Vulkan driver code now marks Gen 11 as being feature-complete...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can't fault intel for their drivers, that's for sure. They are always first to the punch. The hardware on the other hand.. Q4 is when that drops, and at what supply- who knows. But kudos on the drivers. Maybe 10nm will be a thing eventually. I hope they are as attentive with their GPU drivers in the future. That space is in need of some love as well. Thanks Intel.

Comment

You initially said i915 where you meant i965. A bit confusing at first. Some other website used you as a source and went with i915 throughout their whole article 😂

Comment

Working...
      X