Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Xe Graphics Being Part Of The First US Exascale Supercomputer Is Great For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Xe Graphics Being Part Of The First US Exascale Supercomputer Is Great For Linux

Phoronix: Intel Xe Graphics Being Part Of The First US Exascale Supercomputer Is Great For Linux

Announced on Monday was that the US Department of Energy in cooperation with Argonne National Laboratory will see the "Aurora" supercomputer as the first US Exascale SC coming online in 2021 and featuring Intel's highly anticipated Xe Graphics...

Space in article URL.

Comment

AMD, Navi please... Even Intel is pushing their GPU out. And your Vega, even though is 7nm, is old now. And you haven't push any Navi driver out. I hope Navi has the exact same control as Vega/Polaris does.

Comment

SUMMIT (also by DoE) already achieves exascale computation, although only when considering the V100's tensor cores:

Comment

Intel will never support OpenACC.

Comment

Originally posted by marty1885 View Post
            AMD, Navi please... Even Intel is pushing their GPU out. And your Vega, even though is 7nm, is old now. And you haven't push any Navi driver out. I hope Navi has the exact same control as Vega/Polaris does.
            I want the following for Navi:

- Vega feature set, plus:
            - VCN, but with 4:4:4 chroma subsampling support for encode/decode (to be on par with NVIDIA)
            - Double precision having at least half speed of single

Comment

TOP500 list is POWER9, POWER9, Sunway, then Xeon, Xeon, Xon, Xeon...

So POWER9 seems to the king on top, but Xeon seems to be more popular. China seems to be betting on their own Sunway processors.
              How long can x86-based Xeon stay relevant on HPC when there is POWER9?
              Also will we see ARM or RISC-V on the TOP500?

Comment

Who is anticipating any Intel graphics *ever*? I think the word you're looking for is 'dread'.

Comment

Originally posted by willmore View Post
                  Who is anticipating any Intel graphics *ever*? I think the word you're looking for is 'dread'.
                  If those card are able to compete with midrange AMD/nvidia offerings, I'm certainly interested. The intel linux drivers are high quality.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    TOP500 list is POWER9, POWER9, Sunway, then Xeon, Xeon, Xon, Xeon...

So POWER9 seems to the king on top, but Xeon seems to be more popular. China seems to be betting on their own Sunway processors.
                    How long can x86-based Xeon stay relevant on HPC when there is POWER9?
                    Also will we see ARM or RISC-V on the TOP500?
                    Summit and Sierra (1st and 2nd) get their big performance from the accelerators (Nvidia GPUs) not from the processors.

Comment

Working...
                    X