Intel Iris Pro 6200 Graphics - i965 vs. Iris Gallium3D OpenGL Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Iris Pro 6200 Graphics - i965 vs. Iris Gallium3D OpenGL Performance

Phoronix: Intel Iris Pro 6200 Graphics - i965 vs. Iris Gallium3D OpenGL Performance

With the initial Iris Gallium3D driver that was merged into Mesa at the end of February from our tests on UHD Graphics the performance is quite promising considering the early stage of this new open-source OpenGL driver and it not yet being fully tuned/optimized. The Iris Gallium3D driver support goes back to Broadwell CPUs so I decided to run some benchmarks with the legendary Core i7 5775C that features the Iris Pro Graphics 6200 with 128MB of eDRAM.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

mhh Kernel 5.0 seems to have some regression issues.

edit: forget what i was writting ..
    Last edited by CochainComplex; 05 March 2019, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      mhh Kernel 5.0 seems to have some regression issues.
      Is it the kernel? Seems to me it's Mesa 19.1-dev, because the non--dev seems is running on 5.0 and isn't suffering regression.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Is it the kernel? Seems to me it's Mesa 19.1-dev, because the non--dev seems is running on 5.0 and isn't suffering regression.
        ...ow you are right ..not enough sleep

Comment

My current gaming PC has an Intel Core i7 5775c processor overclocked to 4.2 GHz. Granted, I don't really use the Iris Pro iGPU on my system, as I have it paired with an equally legendary Nvidia GTX 1080, but the CPU as a whole really is exceptional. It's a shame Intel kinda stepped away from this kind of design for desktop chips, since I could see the Iris Pro being useful in more thermally constrained and limited PCIe expansion situations.

The 5775c is still a very good chip in 2019. It's certainly no slouch.
          Last edited by Dopefish; 07 March 2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X