Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Clear Linux Already Forging Plans To Land GCC 9 & LLVM 8

Phoronix: Intel's Clear Linux Already Forging Plans To Land GCC 9 & LLVM 8

While we have looked extensively at the performance of generated binaries of user-space applications built under GCC 9, soon we'll be able to benchmark a complete system image built under this annual compiler update to the GNU compiler as Clear Linux is planning a quick roll-out of the soon-to-be-released compiler...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So I came here expecting to see some "cool beans, can't wait to see some benchmarks" posts and instead I learned there's an ignore user option in the user settings.

Comment

Meat are made for non-vegan and non animal lovers. No tofu and soy hamburger for example. Boycott meat and make your life and the nutrition world better.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        So I came here expecting to see some "cool beans, can't wait to see some benchmarks" posts and instead I learned there's an ignore user option in the user settings.
        I've known of it for a while, but for me half the fun of these forums is reading what debianxfce is going to come up with next

If I want a forum with decent moderation I'll stick to Arch thanks - but that's the great thing about forums, they all cater to a different audience.
        Last edited by Slithery; 01 March 2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          Clear Linux is made by non creative people for non creative people. No Rosegarden and great software synths for example. Boycott intel and make your life and the computing world better.
          Since when do you care about that kind of software?

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
            You mean it actually works for you? Please explain how to get it working, as I haven't been able to so far.

Comment

Sweet looking forward to more reading up on more gcc 9 benchmarks. I've also started testing my nginx compiles on Centos 7 with gcc 8.31 and gcc 9.0.1 and clang 8
              Code:
              nginx -V
              nginx version: nginx/1.15.9 (280219-224036-centos7)
              built by gcc 9.0.1 20190224 (experimental) (GCC) 
              built with OpenSSL 1.1.1b  26 Feb 2019
              Code:
              nginx -V
              nginx version: nginx/1.15.9 (270219-034623)
              built by gcc 8.3.1 20190222 (GCC) 
              Code:
              nginx -V
              nginx version: nginx/1.15.9 (270219-031926)
              built by clang 8.0.0 (branches/release_80 354893)

Comment

OpenMandriva has similar toolchain plans -- as soon as the 4.0 release is out the door (any day now), clang 8.0 and gcc 9 will land in cooker.

Comment

Why don’t they use Intel Compiler (ICC) in Clear Linux?

Comment

Working...
                  X