No announcement yet.

Intel's Mesa Driver Nearing OpenGL 4.6 With Final SPIR-V Additions Under Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Mesa Driver Nearing OpenGL 4.6 With Final SPIR-V Additions Under Review

Phoronix: Intel's Mesa Driver Nearing OpenGL 4.6 With Final SPIR-V Additions Under Review

As some other exciting Linux graphics news today alongside NVIDIA rolling out G-SYNC Compatible support for Linux, the Intel Mesa OpenGL driver could soon finally achieve OpenGL 4.6 compliance with the mainline code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, if you have time I'd be interested in a radeonsi NIR vs TGSI test, seeing as how NIR support will be required for 4.6. I believe the last time you tested there were issues, but that was quite a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      Michael, if you have time I'd be interested in a radeonsi NIR vs TGSI test, seeing as how NIR support will be required for 4.6. I believe the last time you tested there were issues, but that was quite a while ago.
      That's not a bad idea - It would be rather interesting to see

Comment

Is there any demo of this new functionality of OpenGL 4.6? What this feature brings with this compatibility with spir-v?

Comment

Tell us what it was.
          I'm running radeonsi _only_ with NIR (and think Timo do the same ;-) )...

We have a (two?) regressions in TGSI and NIR (stuttering - https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...ry/212875.html) and our son found 'start' stuttering in Rocket League. For the later the fix from Marek solved it, here.

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

Tell us what it was.
            I don't recall. I think it was just a few tests running slower than expected, but it's been so long ago I've forgotten. That's part of why I'd like a new set of tests run.

I do think that bindless textures still aren't supported in NIR, maybe that's the only thing though.

I'm running radeonsi _only_ with NIR (and think Timo do the same ;-) )...

We have a (two?) regressions in TGSI and NIR (stuttering - https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...ry/212875.html) and our son found 'start' stuttering in Rocket League. For the later the fix from Marek solved it, here.
            https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...ry/214127.html

Comment

I don't recall. I think it was just a few tests running slower than expected, but it's been so long ago I've forgotten. That's part of why I'd like a new set of tests run.
              That's fair.

I do think that bindless textures still aren't supported in NIR, maybe that's the only thing though.
              Right, but under work.

Comment

Working...
              X