Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.1 Picking Up Intel Coffeelake GVT, More Icelake IDs Added

Phoronix: Linux 5.1 Picking Up Intel Coffeelake GVT, More Icelake IDs Added

As is standard practice for the DRM-Next development workflow, the Intel open-source graphics driver developers have already been staging their new feature work ahead of the Linux 5.1 kernel cycle, as have other parties involved in DRM/KMS drivers and elsewhere in the kernel. Today another big feature update was submitted to DRM-Next of new material that will come with Linux 5.1 this spring...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    which giiven Linus Torvalds'
    Also:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The new device IDs for the Icelake graphics part are 0x8A59, 0x8A58, 0x8A57, and 0x8A56, but don't reveal any other details on these additions
    "but don't reveal"? Who?

Comment

Intel GVT-g is super cool tech that works good with laptops too. I started playing with it again.

Comment

I agree Intel GVT-g is very cool, but I'm not sure your screenshot is the best example.

I happen to have a Coffeelake CPU and mobo lying around waiting for this, so this is great news for me!

Comment

I'm using virt-manager, but don't see support for GVT-g in it. Do you launch qemu directly or via libvirt/virsh instead?

Comment

Working...
          X