Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel's ANV Vulkan Driver Aiming For Transform Feedback In Mesa 19.0, Helping DXVK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's ANV Vulkan Driver Aiming For Transform Feedback In Mesa 19.0, Helping DXVK

Phoronix: Intel's ANV Vulkan Driver Aiming For Transform Feedback In Mesa 19.0, Helping DXVK

With Mesa 19.0 entering its feature freeze in three weeks, the race is on for finishing up OpenGL/Vulkan driver changes to make it in this next quarterly installment of these 3D open-source Linux graphics drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have been using patched Mesa git for ANV and playing Witcher 3 on there, I have a few shader/shadow issues, but it seems to not be related to the transform feedback, as I still have them when reverting to mesa 18.3
    I documented some of my issues here: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Pro...ment-451666393

I would love to go back to a formal release, so heres hoping for Mesa 19.0 including all that!

Comment

Good job Intel!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        Good job Intel!
        well, it could be better job if done in october

Comment

Michael why it is an unofficial extension? Because of VK_EXT instead of VK_KHR / VK_ARB / VK_Whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
            Michael why it is an unofficial extension? Because of VK_EXT instead of VK_KHR / VK_ARB / VK_Whatever?
            That was poorly put by Michael. It's entirely official. Just not part of the core required extensions.

EXT means it was agreed to by multiple vendors, rather than just put out by 1.

Comment

Working...
            X