Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Initial Look At The Intel Iris Gallium3D Driver Performance

Phoronix: An Initial Look At The Intel Iris Gallium3D Driver Performance

One of the most exciting developments in the open-source Intel driver space this year was the Iris Gallium3D driver taking shape as what's destined to eventually succeed their "classic" i965 Mesa driver. With Iris Gallium3D maturing, here's a look at how the performance currently stacks up to their mature OpenGL driver.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    But it is interesting to note that the the Gallium3D driver

Comment

Well, that's a good start at least!

Comment

That's really cool. Will it get added to mesamatrix?

Comment

Presumably, like the Open Source AMD driver, this will require both a Mesa component and a new Linux kernel, DRM component in order to function. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
            Presumably, like the Open Source AMD driver, this will require both a Mesa component and a new Linux kernel, DRM component in order to function. Is that correct?
            This is a mesa (gallium) component. The kernel driver is maintained the same.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Quite impressive. Hope they will try to get this upstream soon, I can only see advantages if Intel is using now a Gallium3D driver.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                Typo:
                But it is interesting to note that the the Gallium3D driver
                You missed one

it's performance

Comment

Great work to date Kayden. As well, these results are a strong outcome from all the optimization work that went into the common NIR piece of the stack.

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
                    That's really cool. Will it get added to mesamatrix?
                    There's not much point, IMO - mesamatrix was about tracking feature completeness, and Iris has basically the same feature-set as i965 already (one or two things are broken). Progress is polishing up all the remaining functional issues, and then making it go as fast as possible.
                    Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
                    Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Working...
                    X