Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Already Posts First Open-Source Graphics Driver Changes For Linux 4.21~5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    thanks for the answer: have the users which use nvidia cards the support on hdcp?
    Only on Windows. No HDCP on Linux with NVIDIA.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
      Personally I blame business schools for hammering the idea that the first and foremost goal of a company is to create value for it owners,
      The "evil megacorp" behaviour is less common in privately owned companies (i.e. companies that don't exist to appease the dark and capricious gods called "investors").

I suspect that is the main thing, businness schools are not to blame. Investors genuinely don't give a fuck and just want money.

Comment

Nvidia is focused on Android since that's their bread and butter with Tegra hardware being used in automotive systems. Their Linux focus is on professional industries and uses. They might implement HDCP support for their hardware if it ever makes business sense for them to do so, but it doesn't at this time. If Tegra had caught on as an alternative platform for Linux, with competitive hardware offerings, they would definitely have had HDCP support by now.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

Business practices that screw over everyone who needs their products or those made using their products in an effort to maximize profit and limit competition is pretty much part and parcel of both companies' business practices. A chemical company is obviously going to cause much more physical harm when they don't care about their customers, but that doesn't change the fact that the fundamental mindset of the people who run both companies is eerily similar.

Personally I blame business schools for hammering the idea that the first and foremost goal of a company is to create value for it owners, with "value" meaning money, a bit too heavily into the minds of their students.
          i didnt mean people died because of monsantos chemicals (which is also true) but because of their "selling":
          Control over seed is the first link in the food chain because seed is the source of life. When a corporation controls seed, it controls life, especially the life of farmers.

also there are people that are in the ruin because of them
          again all of this is more than 10 times worse than ANYTHING intel has ever done

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post

i didnt mean people died because of monsantos chemicals (which is also true) but because of their "selling":
            https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-se...arming/5329947
            also there are people that are in the ruin because of them
            again all of this is more than 10 times worse than ANYTHING intel has ever done
            Great article about the evils of monsanto, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Only on Windows. No HDCP on Linux with NVIDIA.
              what a shame! So how to get HDCP working? Could Mesa drivers help or AMD video card??

Comment

Originally posted by michaelb1 View Post

Great article about the evils of monsanto, thanks for sharing!
                monsanto has been acquired by BYRNE since few months.

Comment

AMD abandoned their HDCP development efforts when the company was restructured in 2016. No idea when they will bring it back, but with Ryzen APUs being very popular, they will certainly look into getting it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                    what a shame! So how to get HDCP working? Could Mesa drivers help or AMD video card??
                    Afaik AMD is not offering HDCP either.

And no, if NVIDIA does not want HDCP you can't get HDCP with their cards.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      Afaik AMD is not offering HDCP either.

And no, if NVIDIA does not want HDCP you can't get HDCP with their cards.
                      so to get HDCP working what to do? mesa drivers doesn't provide it? Only intel!?

Comment

Working...
                      X