Intel Launches Its 9th Gen Coffeelake-S CPUs Led By The Core i9 9900K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too little, too late and for too much.
    Also Intels naming conventions are completely whack. i9 9900k = 8C/16T, i9 9800X = 8C/16T, i9 9820X = 10C/20T.

Comment

what's the difference between the 9600 and my i7 5820k @ 4.5 Ghz ? Intel's leadership is diminishing it seems, can't wait to see what a 128 core machine can do with enough watts and cooling. Intel still has a solid chip, but it's going to need more than 10nm in a years time. Me, I am holding out for a 32 core 7 nm threadripper. That has proper memory access.
      Last edited by pcxmac; 08 October 2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Skylake++++

Seriously, why are they stuck in the same generation for years? Is Cannon Lake too hard for them?

One more thing I just noticed: There are zero links in the article...
        Yeah this. Still no 10 nm. We were promised that in 2015 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
          My biggest question is what marketing chutzpah Intel is going to use after the i9-9900. i9-9999?
          I'm sure all conspiracy theorists already have their monitors upside-down as proof of the evil corporation agenda.

My oh my. How are they going fix this?
          Not impressed by i9, I'm waiting for i11.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post

Not impressed by i9, I'm waiting for i11.
            a BMW i8 is nice too..

Comment

And Intel is embargoing independent reviewers from reviewing it, to give their commisioned scam reviews a chance to spread misinformation first: Intel's New Low: Commissioning Misleading Core i9-9900K Benchmarks

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
                And Intel is embargoing independent reviewers from reviewing it, to give their commisioned scam reviews a chance to spread misinformation first: Intel's New Low: Commissioning Misleading Core i9-9900K Benchmarks
                If Intel did commission those benchmarks as stated then they're potentially violating the US FTC's Truth in Advertising regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post

If Intel did commission those benchmarks as stated then they're potentially violating the US FTC's Truth in Advertising regulations.
                  Well, they have done it before and it is stated in the article that it was commisioned by Intel, so no lying. The trick here is just to make the paid for benchmarks the only benchmarks available before release.

Comment

Love the extra cores.. thanks for AMD competition While nice, still pricey. Imagine if everyone in the world stopped upgrading their computers' cpus for 2 or 3 yrs and waited for 2021+ launched cpus

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

Repeat after me - Mafia Never Stops, with a help of gremlins or kamikazes they are unbeatable. Reviewers should just do their job, that is to review and let mafia pump subconsciousness in harassment-free way
                      Last edited by dungeon; 09 October 2018, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X