Intel NIR Optimizations Land In Mesa 18.2 That Help Skyrim With DXVK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel NIR Optimizations Land In Mesa 18.2 That Help Skyrim With DXVK

Phoronix: Intel NIR Optimizations Land In Mesa 18.2 That Help Skyrim With DXVK

A few days back I wrote about some Intel open-source Vulkan "ANV" driver optimizations that really help the Skyrim game under DXVK with Wine to allow for a playable experience with Intel onboard graphics. Those patches have now been merged into Mesa 18.2...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...yrim-Opts-Land

AMD also did another code drop of amdvlk with support for some new extentions, one (EXT_vertex_attribute_divisor) of which is now required by dxvk:
    https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/x...472c9a07c8570e

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Intel Iris Prp Graphics 580,

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post
        AMD also did another code drop of amdvlk with support for some new extentions
        Haven't had a chance to test the new amdvlk yet because Arch's pkgbuild seems to be broken, but I'd be surprised if it was able to run anything with dxvk.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
          Haven't had a chance to test the new amdvlk yet because Arch's pkgbuild seems to be broken, but I'd be surprised if it was able to run anything with dxvk.
          I just build and tried it out with the latest dxvk + ffxiv and, no surprise there, it renders garbage. Amdgpu-pro renders fine with dxvk <= 0.54 though, performance is just kind of bad compared to radv. If only those remaining GPU hangs with radv could be fixed i wouldn't even bother with amdvlk(-pro).

Comment

If only those remaining GPU hangs with radv could be fixed i wouldn't even bother with amdvlk(-pro).
            LLVM 6.0 has been known to have issues, try LLVM 7.0 and you should less less hangs.

Comment

Wow, a 12 times speedup? Thats awesome! And sad, kinda.

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
                Wow, a 12 times speedup? Thats awesome! And sad, kinda.
                It seems to be somewhat of an edge case where the shader contains a large look-up table, which probably belongs into a buffer object anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post

LLVM 6.0 has been known to have issues, try LLVM 7.0 and you should less less hangs.
                  There are still some hangs remaining with 2 days old llvm-svn.

Comment

There are still some hangs remaining with 2 days old llvm-svn.
                    Has these been reported?

Comment

Working...
                    X