No announcement yet.

Intel Vulkan Driver Patches Make For Playable Experience With Skyrim On DXVK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Vulkan Driver Patches Make For Playable Experience With Skyrim On DXVK

Phoronix: Intel Vulkan Driver Patches Make For Playable Experience With Skyrim On DXVK

Intel open-source graphics driver developer Jason Ekstrand has published a set of patches that help with playing Skyrim Special Edition with Intel graphics hardware under Linux when using the DXVK layer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And yet, no Vulkan driver for Radeon HD 5000/6000 users. Interestingly, older Intel GPU's don't have Vulkan on Windows but do have it in Linux.

Comment

I don't think the Radeon HD 5000/6000 hardware supports Vulkan.....heck, despite the fact that it supports Direct 3D 11, most of those GPUs don't even support Open GL 4. ;(

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
        I don't think the Radeon HD 5000/6000 hardware supports Vulkan.....heck, despite the fact that it supports Direct 3D 11, most of those GPUs don't even support Open GL 4. ;(
        Iirc the mistake of making fp64 a requirement wasn't done in Vulkan unlike OpenGL4

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
          And yet, no Vulkan driver for Radeon HD 5000/6000 users. Interestingly, older Intel GPU's don't have Vulkan on Windows but do have it in Linux.
          ru sure? Haswell doesn't support Vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

There should be incomplete support for Haswell.

Comment

Anv supports Haswell and Ivy bridge but it still prints that the support is incomplete: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me..._device.c#n316

LunarG's first prototype even supported Sandy Bridge but there it's more likely that the hardware doesn't support all required features natively.

Comment

Some info on the haswell issues: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=105226

Comment

I wonder if this will work on my laptop now? I will try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
                    I'm pretty sure any unified shader architecture GPU can run at least a subset of Vulkan. Intel GPU's aren't even fully unified architectures, they just did away with the vertex shaders and decided to call it unified.,... I'd be willing to bet even r300-r500 could support a subset of Vulkan, cause Intel products do and Intel's products are even less advanced than r300 is. The question is not whether they can, it's whether there is enough manpower to do it and if somebody actually does it. Intel proved it can happen with their hardware and drivers, so now somebody just has to step up to the bat and do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X