Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Look At The Intel UHD Graphics Performance On Clear Linux With Linux 4.16 + Mesa 18.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Look At The Intel UHD Graphics Performance On Clear Linux With Linux 4.16 + Mesa 18.2

Phoronix: A Look At The Intel UHD Graphics Performance On Clear Linux With Linux 4.16 + Mesa 18.2

Yesterday I posted some Radeon graphics benchmarks under Clear Linux now that Intel's performance-optimized Linux distribution ships with AMDGPU+RadeonSI/RADV support. While doing that comparison I also took the opportunity to run some fresh UHD Graphics "Coffeelake" benchmarks on Clear Linux against Ubuntu.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why didn't you test SuperTuxKart with advanced graphics?

Comment

Michael, is it normal that I don't get any ad on phoronix even when disabling ad blockers/switching to incognito mode on firefox?
      I'm in the EU but your paragraph regarding GDPR doesn't seem to imply you removed *all* ads, does it?
      Phoronix is the last website where I still disable my adblocker on, so I'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
        Michael, is it normal that I don't get any ad on phoronix even when disabling ad blockers/switching to incognito mode on firefox?
        I'm in the EU but your paragraph regarding GDPR doesn't seem to imply you removed *all* ads, does it?
        Phoronix is the last website where I still disable my adblocker on, so I'm curious.
        You should be getting ads. Not sure why you aren't unless some Firefox plugin/setting.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Why didn't you test SuperTuxKart with advanced graphics?
          That test profile has at least like 64 possible options, and haven't had time to profile all of them on Intel to know where to set them, so basically just ran some random ones.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Clear Linux sound kind of the best overall performing OS on the market. This distro has real power optimisation that work for all kind of usage. The guys behind it are impressive engineer. Sometime the perf difference are equivalent to the gap between an i5 and an i7 oO
            Last edited by Jahimself; 03 June 2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

It's interesting that the games run faster under Wayland than X.org since I assume they are X apps running via Xwayland and not native Wayland applications?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

That test profile has at least like 64 possible options, and haven't had time to profile all of them on Intel to know where to set them, so basically just ran some random ones.
                Basic is for running on a toaster. I'd like to see some benchmarks of 0.9.3 on Ultimate with 20 karts on Cocoa Temple (that will push the game to the max).

Comment

Working...
                X