One Of Imagination's Only Mesa Developers Has Jumped Ship To Intel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Of Imagination's Only Mesa Developers Has Jumped Ship To Intel

Phoronix: One Of Imagination's Only Mesa Developers Has Jumped Ship To Intel

The only developer from Imagination Technologies that was active in contributing to Mesa has left the company and is now working for Intel's open-source graphics team...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Imagination had a Mesa developer?

Comment

EDIT:no scratch that, I read that wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        I'd like to sit down and discuss the title a bit, as it TRIGGERS my inner grammar nazi.

"One Of Imagination's Only Mesa Developers Has Jumped Ship To Intel"

If they had only one, writing "one of" and using the plural "developers" is confusing.
        Just drop that and go singular, for example

"Imagination's Only Mesa Developer Has Jumped Ship To Intel"
        It's a bit mixy as it's hard to ensure for certainty if he's Imagination's only Mesa developer or not, since last year were the 2 or 3 commits from another person or two. And it's not clear if Imagination has since hired anyone else.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          It's a bit mixy as it's hard to ensure for certainty if he's Imagination's only Mesa developer or not, since last year were the 2 or 3 commits from another person or two. And it's not clear if Imagination has since hired anyone else.
          Yeah I retracted that post soon after posting as I actually noticed too late that you mentioned other possible ones. nevermind, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Yeah I retracted that post soon after posting as I actually noticed too late that you mentioned other possible ones. nevermind, nevermind.
            This makes me lol because I imagine you spend significant time in a code editor and syntax correctness including every detail just becomes so important.

I can relate to that.

Comment

Imagination had a developer card that could run Unreal engine 4 with ray tracing. I was hoping Imagination would get back in the pc market
              I also heard they got bought by some company in china.

Comment

It seems that everyone's going to Intel to work these days. Probably to work on Meltdown 2.0. Since it was discovered, the FBI must be pushing Intel really hard for a replacement.

Comment

via Wikipedia:

25 September 2017, the board of directors announced that the company was being acquired by Canyon Bridge, a China-aligned private equity fund.[33] In November 2017 the sale to Canyon Bridge was approved in a transaction which valued the business at £550 million

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
                    via Wikipedia:

25 September 2017, the board of directors announced that the company was being acquired by Canyon Bridge, a China-aligned private equity fund.[33] In November 2017 the sale to Canyon Bridge was approved in a transaction which valued the business at £550 million
                    The "china-aligned equity fund"

That has little impact, AFAIK, on the brand name. Although, that might have an effect on the focus of future endeavours, as hinted at by a previous comment.

Comment

Working...
                    X