One Of Imagination's Only Mesa Developers Has Jumped Ship To Intel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Of Imagination's Only Mesa Developers Has Jumped Ship To Intel

Phoronix: One Of Imagination's Only Mesa Developers Has Jumped Ship To Intel

The only developer from Imagination Technologies that was active in contributing to Mesa has left the company and is now working for Intel's open-source graphics team...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...a-Dev-To-Intel

Imagination had a Mesa developer?

Comment

EDIT:no scratch that, I read that wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        I'd like to sit down and discuss the title a bit, as it TRIGGERS my inner grammar nazi.

"One Of Imagination's Only Mesa Developers Has Jumped Ship To Intel"

If they had only one, writing "one of" and using the plural "developers" is confusing.
        Just drop that and go singular, for example

"Imagination's Only Mesa Developer Has Jumped Ship To Intel"
        It's a bit mixy as it's hard to ensure for certainty if he's Imagination's only Mesa developer or not, since last year were the 2 or 3 commits from another person or two. And it's not clear if Imagination has since hired anyone else.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          It's a bit mixy as it's hard to ensure for certainty if he's Imagination's only Mesa developer or not, since last year were the 2 or 3 commits from another person or two. And it's not clear if Imagination has since hired anyone else.
          Yeah I retracted that post soon after posting as I actually noticed too late that you mentioned other possible ones. nevermind, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Yeah I retracted that post soon after posting as I actually noticed too late that you mentioned other possible ones. nevermind, nevermind.
            This makes me lol because I imagine you spend significant time in a code editor and syntax correctness including every detail just becomes so important.

I can relate to that.

Comment

"Intel continues being one of the largest -- in fact, most likely the largest -- employer of Linux open-source graphics driver developers and more broadly Linux hardware driver / kernel contributors for that matter."

And intel developers do not test their code with non intel hardware and do not care about bug reports. That is why Asus motherboard and Ryzen 5 1600 owners need the following hacks:

Kernel command line: rcu_nocbs=0-11

Code:
              --- a/include/acpi/platform/acenv.h    (date 1512400986000)
              +++ b/include/acpi/platform/acenv.h    (date 1512400986000)
              @@ -107,7 +107,7 @@
               #ifdef ACPI_HELP_APP
               #define ACPI_NO_ERROR_MESSAGES
               #endif
              -
              +#define ACPI_NO_ERROR_MESSAGES
               /* acpi_names configuration. Debug output enabled. */

#ifdef ACPI_NAMES_APP

--- a/drivers/acpi/acpica/acmacros.h    (date 1519723599000)
              +++ b/drivers/acpi/acpica/acmacros.h    (date 1519723599000)
              @@ -465,7 +465,7 @@

/* No error messages */

-#define ACPI_ERROR_NAMESPACE(s, e)
              +#define ACPI_ERROR_NAMESPACE(s, p, e)
               #define ACPI_ERROR_METHOD(s, n, p, e)
               #define ACPI_WARN_PREDEFINED(plist)
               #define ACPI_INFO_PREDEFINED(plist)
              Avoid monopolies and intel hardware. It is more fun to own non intel hardware. My PC is intel free. Wintel owners:

Last edited by debianxfce; 05-29-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Imagination had a developer card that could run Unreal engine 4 with ray tracing. I was hoping Imagination would get back in the pc market
                I also heard they got bought by some company in china.

Comment

It seems that everyone's going to Intel to work these days. Probably to work on Meltdown 2.0. Since it was discovered, the FBI must be pushing Intel really hard for a replacement.

Comment

via Wikipedia:

25 September 2017, the board of directors announced that the company was being acquired by Canyon Bridge, a China-aligned private equity fund.[33] In November 2017 the sale to Canyon Bridge was approved in a transaction which valued the business at £550 million

Comment

Working...
                    X