Intel OpenGL Driver Performance On Windows 10 vs. Ubuntu vs. Clear Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel OpenGL Driver Performance On Windows 10 vs. Ubuntu vs. Clear Linux

Phoronix: Intel OpenGL Driver Performance On Windows 10 vs. Ubuntu vs. Clear Linux

When having the Microsoft Windows 10 Professional x64 installation on the Core i7 8700K "Coffee Lake" system this week I also took the opportunity to run some fresh OpenGL benchmarks on Windows compared to Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Strange, looks like there's some kind of regression. Clear Linux is performing worse than even Ubuntu.

Comment

Also, as new as coffee lake is, I wonder if the open source linux driver may not be fully optimized yet? I wonder how these results would look on Sky lake? or Haswell?

Comment

Skylake, Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake actually have the same GPU. Improvements will benefit all of them equally.

Comment

Originally posted by Girolamo_Cavazzoni View Post
          Skylake, Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake actually have the same GPU. Improvements will benefit all of them equally.
          Kaby and Coffe are indeed the same (gen9.5), but Skylake is different (gen9).

Comment

The only difference lies within the video decode/encode capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Girolamo_Cavazzoni View Post
              The only difference lies within the video decode/encode capabilities.
              Are you sure? There are a few significant differences between gen7 and gen7.5 (and a few even more significant ones between gen4 and gen4.5). I don't think Intel would bump the gen designation, even if only by a half, for just a new media block.

Comment

I miss wine Ubuntu and wine clear linux benchmarks

Comment

They didn't even make new silicon as far as I've read somewhere - they just activated the parts which were disabled in Skylake. I shall search for the source though.

Skylake had some problems when it was released and Kaby Lake is nothing but a fixed Skylake on an optimized manufacturing process.

Comment

Working...
                  X