AMDGPU-PRO 17.40 Yields Huge Speed-Up For Radeon Mining Performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    When I posted previously I had forgotten that you had already added a second DIMM to each system, ie I had been thinking that your CPUs were running with only one of four memory channels populated. Didn't expect the extra memory to make a difference but I as thinking that improving CPU memory bandwidth would make the CPU portions of the work run faster and improve your overall performance a bit.
    i had only 3 dimms of 16gb ddr4 mempory so the 1920 runs with 2 dimms and the 1900X runs with only 1 dimm.
    but both system make the same ethereum output... so more ram dimms do not make a difference. i can show you 24hour statistic about this.
    so in fact i can prove that going from 1 to 2 dimms gives you nearly zero more ethereum...

right now the 8core with only 1 dimm is faster than the 12core with 2 dimms:

24hour test run average 12 cores 2 dimms: 83.6 MH/s
    24hour test run average 8cores 1 dimm: 84.9 MH/s
    Last edited by Qaridarium; 10-23-2017, 08:31 PM.
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

OK, good to know.

On the 1920 do you have one DIMM connected to each of the active dies ? I'm sure you do, just checking...

Comment

I do have an awesome 310€ money output per month thanks to the 17.40 driver.
        Heh, all this bullshit for like 200 euros per month (factoring in power costs), or 300 euros per month after a significant investment in solar panels and accompanying equipment.

And it isn't even stable, rates may change at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

>YES with the future mining systems we plan i will do this.

but i can tell you the result right out of my mind from sources i know...

on windows there is a mining only driver with the old closed source openCL stack
          with this driver a Vega-64 makes 43MH/s on the linux 17.40 mining driver the same card only make ~33MH/s

for me the closed source version is not a option because i want to support opensource.

But I am 100% sure the Open-Source will win the mining battle in the end. But it takes 2-3 more month.
          Thank you! Keep up the good work, I think this articles are extremely important!

Comment

Just to make things more interesting, I believe the OpenCL we provide as part of the ROCm stack uses ROC for Polaris & Fiji as well as Vega, while the OpenCL distributed with AMDGPU-PRO only uses ROC for Vega.
            Aren't Carrizo and Kaveri (I have the latter) supported as well, hence CI?
            Last edited by Berniyh; 10-24-2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Why is Monero valuable? Why should I mine it over Gridcoin?

Comment

Just to make things more interesting, I believe the OpenCL we provide as part of the ROCm stack uses ROC for Polaris & Fiji as well as Vega, while the OpenCL distributed with AMDGPU-PRO only uses ROC for Vega.
                Yeah I was curious, was this a old-style-pro-opencl or ROC-OpenCL driver? The release notes don't mention anything about ROC...

Comment

OK, good to know.
                  On the 1920 do you have one DIMM connected to each of the active dies ? I'm sure you do, just checking...
                  I did strictly follow the handbook of the mainboard. if this means the second dimm goes to the second active die then yes.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
                    Why is Monero valuable? Why should I mine it over Gridcoin?
                    Gridcoin is fine?.... i only use monero to increase the total money output because ethereum on the CPU is pointless.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gridcoin sounds very good. so whats your problem?

Comment

Can some1 explain?"And the six AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 with the newest AMDGPU-PRO 17.40 Mining Beta driver jump from average ~33Mh/s to 180 MH/s in a twenty-four hour test run."

Comment

Working...
                      X