Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My results testing Ryzen 5 1600, Gigabyte RX560 2GB and Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reet View Post
    I demand stability...Kernel: 4.9.50-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits
    Hundreds of bugs haven been fixed since kernel 4.9 and mainline kernels do have a partially implemented amdgpu driver. See the diff column at kernel.org and compare to this: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...-next-4.15-wip

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

For me the gigabyte ab350m gaming 3 motherboard was a expensive non functional toy. Just look at the bios and led lights, Gaming 3 is for kids, Asus motherboards are for pros.
      Thanks for the compliment, I'm a pretty young kid at 35. You sure are quick to defend your choices with abrasive arrogance. I have no problem with Asus, my board happens to be Gigabyte and I like it so just let me enjoy it will you? Try to welcome new forum members...

LEDs and bios is your argument? I have one LED in the corner that I admit looks stupid, easy to turn off in the bios. Let me google some images of Asus boards that are for kids with lights. Weak argument there, especially since it's a board you chose to buy.

I'll upgrade to 4.14 kernel when it's no longer a release candidate.
      Last edited by reet; 09-18-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

You sure are quick to defend your choices with abrasive arrogance.
        My goal is that everyone builds bootable computers. When gigabyte boards do not boot and can even burn Ryzen cpus, they simply are not good.

Asus Ezflash in the Bios is wonderful, you can update the bios via internet. Usb sticks or os are not needed. Latest Asus bios flashed fine and fixed chassis fan rpm measuring. Totally different experience than with gigabyte gaming 3.

I'll upgrade to 4.14 kernel when it's no longer a release candidate.
        Mainline kernels do have partially implemented amdgpu and radeon drivers. See the diff column at kernel.org and compare to this: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...-next-4.15-wip
        Last edited by debianxfce; 09-19-2017, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Hi I bought a ryzen 7 1700 with Gibabyte AB350M Gaming 3 16Gb (8x2) Corsair 3000 XMP
          im going to install Ubuntu 17.10 beta for testing propouses

i will coment in this post the results.

Comment

Originally posted by aleanun View Post
            Hi I bought a ryzen 7 1700 with Gibabyte AB350M Gaming 3 16Gb (8x2) Corsair 3000 XMP
            im going to install Ubuntu 17.10 beta for testing propouses

i will coment in this post the results.
            You have been warned, return it and buy a Asus B350 motherboard or do not Qflash a new bios (F6). I just received my money back from the shitty gigabyte motherboard.
            Last edited by debianxfce; 10-03-2017, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

You have been warned, return it and buy a Asus B350 motherboard or do not flash a new bios. I just received my money back from the shitty gigabyte motherboard.
              when i bought it wa F4
              now i update to F7a and i havent got any problem, Ubuntu works OK whith audio ethernet and without any kernel panic

Comment

Working...
              X