Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canonical Publishes ATI Catalyst 8.10 Beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
    I think this a bit odd, but the installation _is_ now using FGLRX and all indications are nominal. BTW...Compiz is enabled by the driver automatically at "normal."
    What hardware do you have installed? From the reports about this beta not working I got the impression that only R300 chips are affected.

    Comment


    • I have RV670. I may have missed the part about R300.

      Comment


      • Now that final ubuntu is out, did someone managed to run properly fglrx from repos on HD4850/70 ? or maybe with manual install ?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Tares View Post
          Now that final ubuntu is out, did someone managed to run properly fglrx from repos on HD4850/70 ? or maybe with manual install ?
          I've been running Ubuntu 8.10 with the stock driver on RV770 hardware without any problems.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I've been running Ubuntu 8.10 with the stock driver on RV770 hardware without any problems.
            Strange ;/ I cant make it to run properly. Since the fglrx betas was released I have the same problem as I've mentioned on 10th page here.

            Anyway, could you paste/send/pm me your xorg.conf ? Maybe it has something to do with that.

            Comment


            • I just use the standard xorg.conf that ships with Ubuntu and then run: aticonfig --initial. Works every time for me.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Michael View Post
                I just use the standard xorg.conf that ships with Ubuntu and then run: aticonfig --initial. Works every time for me.
                That doesn't work for me :/ Either it is standard, modified or even more modified, the outcome is the same.

                Anyway, it's november, so I'll just wait for 8.11. Maybe that will fix my problems.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Tares View Post
                  Now that final ubuntu is out, did someone managed to run properly fglrx from repos on HD4850/70 ? or maybe with manual install ?
                  Yes. And no manual installation was needed. I upgraded from 8.04.1 and had priviously installed ATI Catalyst 8.9 as .deb files (I compiled from the ATI official binary file)

                  Upgrading went without any trouble. New fglrx was installed automagically.

                  Best part! Now I can see DVDs with X11 using VLC or Totem (no Xv) and have compiz running at the same time. No scaling, pixling or tearing effects!

                  Comment


                  • X11 is not accellerated at all, mplayer even needs a -zoom option to allow scaleing using cpu with -vo x11.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by oblidor View Post
                      Yes. And no manual installation was needed. I upgraded from 8.04.1 and had priviously installed ATI Catalyst 8.9 as .deb files (I compiled from the ATI official binary file)

                      Upgrading went without any trouble. New fglrx was installed automagically.

                      Best part! Now I can see DVDs with X11 using VLC or Totem (no Xv) and have compiz running at the same time. No scaling, pixling or tearing effects!
                      It seems that my Gainward doesn't like ubuntu Well, I've managed to run q3/qw but the performance is still not exactly what i expected.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X