amdgpu-pro on laptops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amdgpu-pro on laptops

Will amdgpu-pro ever be available for laptops?

Hm? Have you tried it? I am running amdgpu-pro 16.50 on my parents Carrizo laptop and it works really good!

Comment

it doesn't work on R5 M330

Comment

Carrizo is an APU and R5 M330 is PX older GCN Hainan... in case of Ubuntu, first should work with default install script and PX setups should be installed with "--px" install switch.

Just hope paupav installed PX correctly and didn't pushed default or something.
        Last edited by dungeon; 03-12-2017, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          Carrizo is an APU and R5 M330 is PX older GCN Hainan... in case of Ubuntu, first should work with default install script and PX setups should be installed with "--px" install switch.

Just hope paupav installed PX correctly and didn't pushed default or something.
          Doesn't work with that switch either. I have Mullins.

Comment

Originally posted by paupav View Post
            Doesn't work with that switch either. I have Mullins.
            So Mullins+Hainan PX, setup supports Intel CPU/iGPU + AMD PX chip only it seems... so does just that Mullins iGPU from APU works for you?
            Last edited by dungeon; 03-12-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I have AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics + R5 M330, by adding --px or without any flags it doesnt work.
              Last edited by paupav; 03-13-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I have AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics + R5 M330, by adding --px or without any flags it doesnt work.
                I understand that, just asking if that A4-6210 APU works alone, that R3 GPU... default installation without px switch of course there.
                Last edited by dungeon; 03-13-2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Hm.. I think you are out of luck here... That apu is probably not going run with the amdgpu-pro...

Your best bet is probably to go with radeonsi drivers

Comment

Okay, thank you all
                    So I don't even have to look anymore since its never going to be supported?

Comment

Working...
                    X