Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

asfdati = super reatrd driver retard crap retard retard retard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • asfdati = super reatrd driver retard crap retard retard retard

    as i am typing this no text shows in the text box BECAUSE AMD ATI VIDEO DRIVERS ARE CRAP

    I hope im not making too many typos. Anyway, composite with 8.9 or 8.8 or whatever sems completly brlen. I just get a white screen of death. I have downgrade to 8.8 and i still get the same problem wich started when i upgraded to 8.9

    WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

    im getting real tired of this ... 8.5 was just perfect why did you retard devs go and break everything.

  • #2
    Originally posted by pedepy View Post
    as i am typing this no text shows in the text box BECAUSE AMD ATI VIDEO DRIVERS ARE CRAP

    I hope im not making too many typos. Anyway, composite with 8.9 or 8.8 or whatever sems completly brlen. I just get a white screen of death. I have downgrade to 8.8 and i still get the same problem wich started when i upgraded to 8.9

    WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

    im getting real tired of this ... 8.5 was just perfect why did you retard devs go and break everything.

    I can fully understand your frustration, but chill out dude. It's really not the devs fault. Calling them retarded is pretty fuckin stupid. Blame the people who need to be blamed and that is ATi and Novell.

    The developers they have working for them should be applauded for putting up with the bullshit they are forced to endure by there employers. Blame the corporations, it's really there faults for not fully supporting the open source process. This half assed bullshit is really where the source of the problem lies, and that is not the developers fault.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      Blame the people who need to be blamed and that is ATi and Novell.
      Oh give me a break, Novell is contracted to help with the drivers. How they can determine what ATi does to appease the FOSS community is entirely on ATi's heads and the owners of 3rd party IP, it has nothing to do with Novell. Novell is simply developing the RadeonHD drivers and has nothing to do with the fglrx drivers. Get your fact straight and spread your FUD with at least some ounce of fact.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Oh give me a break, Novell is contracted to help with the drivers. How they can determine what ATi does to appease the FOSS community is entirely on ATi's heads and the owners of 3rd party IP, it has nothing to do with Novell. Novell is simply developing the RadeonHD drivers and has nothing to do with the fglrx drivers. Get your fact straight and spread your FUD with at least some ounce of fact.

        And dragging ass in every possible way while doing it.. Intentionally diverting resources, and forcing it's developers to wate time on dead end code paths.

        Dont even try to make Novell out to be the good guy becouse they are not. They --ARE-- the left hand reason why the linux drivers are in the shit state today that they are. The RadeonHD project has put the open source drivers at the very least a full year behind what they could have been, and --should-- have been today. And that --IS-- entirely Novell's fault, and on the right hand it is ATi's fault for giving them the money to do it.

        Novell is a puppet.....

        It is --NOT-- the developers fault. Those guys deserve every ounce of credit that they can be given. It's unfortunate that ATi has chosen to half ass it's open source efforts. But I honestly believe that if ATi told Novell to suck on a fat nugget, and finally embraced a proper open source model completely, they could have a decent product on there hands. --BUT-- Thats not the case and as it is right now, at this very moment, ATi's superior hardware sucks ass in linux.

        Call it what you will, but those are the --FACTS-- whether you like them or not....
        Last edited by duby229; 09-30-2008, 10:35 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          And dragging ass in every possible way while doing it.. Intentionally diverting resources, and forcing it's developers to wate time on dead end code paths.

          Dont even try to make Novell out to be the good guy becouse they are not. They --ARE-- the left hand reason why the linux drivers are in the shit state today that they are. The RadeonHD project has put the open source drivers at the very least a full year behind what they could have been, and --should-- have been today. And that --IS-- entirely Novell's fault, and on the right hand it is ATi's fault for giving them the money to do it.

          Novell is a puppet.....

          It is --NOT-- the developers fault. Those guys deserve every ounce of credit that they can be given. It's unfortunate that ATi has chosen to half ass it's open source efforts. But I honestly believe that if ATi told Novell to suck on a fat nugget, and finally embraced a proper open source model completely, they could have a decent product on there hands. --BUT-- Thats not the case and as it is right now, at this very moment, ATi's superior hardware sucks ass in linux.

          Call it what you will, but those are the --FACTS-- whether you like them or not....

          Sorry but you do not state one damn fact in there. You have an unsubstantiated opinion. Again novell has NOTHING to do with the blobs. That's all ATI. ATI has also fulfilled their end of a deal with the foss community by giving the documentation that was requested so that the FOSS community could develop on their own as PER THEIR REQUEST. So put substanciated FACT behind your claims instead of wild accusations based on your speculation. The foss community asked for documentation. They got it. Now go bitch at your favorite foss developer that said that documentation was all they needed.

          The RadeonHD project has put the open source drivers at the very least a full year behind what they could have been
          Considering the first documentation drop was on Sept 12 of last year you have some pretty unrealistic goals (probably from having no driver development experience of your own) of them being able to have the level of support the RadeonHD drivers enjoy now if you think the same level of support could have been done 18 days.
          Last edited by deanjo; 09-30-2008, 11:17 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Sorry but you do not state one damn fact in there. You have an unsubstantiated opinion. Again novell has NOTHING to do with the blobs. That's all ATI. ATI has also fulfilled their end of a deal with the foss community by giving the documentation that was requested so that the FOSS community could develop on their own as PER THEIR REQUEST. So put substanciated FACT behind your claims instead of wild accusations based on your speculation. The foss community asked for documentation. They got it. Now go bitch at your favorite foss developer that said that documentation was all they needed.
            Unless something has happened recently, there is no documentation available for r600 and newer GPUs. Just r500 and older, all of which are supported by open source drivers.

            Adam

            Comment


            • #7
              I would like to point out that whilst initially RadeonHD was a waste of time and did not develop very fast (primarily due to developer hubris). they are now more or less in parity and as a result most developments should contribute towards a working driver.

              Comment


              • #8
                WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
                Oh, man, I usually don't like whining but you just made up my day.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by adamk View Post
                  Unless something has happened recently, there is no documentation available for r600 and newer GPUs. Just r500 and older, all of which are supported by open source drivers.

                  Adam

                  There is some documentation available now with more forthcoming. Sometimes I get a sense that people don't realize how much work is involved with technical documentation.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    There is some documentation available now with more forthcoming. Sometimes I get a sense that people don't realize how much work is involved with technical documentation.
                    Yeah, it takes time. People at AMD don't just wake up one day and say "here, Mr. FOSS driver developer guy, have all our GPU documentation". There is a long and tedious process involved before any sort of documentation can be released.

                    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    Sorry but you do not state one damn fact in there. You have an unsubstantiated opinion. Again novell has NOTHING to do with the blobs. That's all ATI. ATI has also fulfilled their end of a deal with the foss community by giving the documentation that was requested so that the FOSS community could develop on their own as PER THEIR REQUEST. So put substanciated FACT behind your claims instead of wild accusations based on your speculation. The foss community asked for documentation. They got it. Now go bitch at your favorite foss developer that said that documentation was all they needed.

                    ....
                    Couldn't agree more. It sometimes baffles me why people keep bitching at AMD over the state of the FOSS drivers

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X