Catalyst Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst Pro

As AMD keep maintaning Catalyst for workstation hardware, maybe it is good to have a topic about that here Last version from couple days back 7/26/2016.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...4#catalyst-pro

As i can't stand opensource driver anymore cos of regressions, i decided to go backwards and to make one more bit weird move so i switched to this one Pro driver but on consumer hardware

He, he, i maybe start to like boring things, 4.4.19 lts kernel plus this one and voila works... why these blobs likes me but opensource not every time i don't know seems i will be also safe from rain of shit in the next 16 months

Comment

Oh lonterm is to feb 2018. so 18 month, year and half... even better

Comment

Long time no see, huge couple hours... my beloved Catalyst Lego

Comment

So...what hardware does Catalyst Pro support? I have a fairly recent FirePro M6100 that could use a step up from default Jessie fglrx, and an ancient FirePro M7740 that could deal with something better than the radeon driver.

Comment

I would say it supports any currently released professional GCN cards-only!

Mobile FirePro variants usually are supported with separate vendor certified drivers.

Comment

In case someone read this now just to mention there is something else now on first link ... so officially Catalyst Pro switched now to amdgpu-pro.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                In case someone read this now just to mention there is something else now on first link ... so officially Catalyst Pro switched now to amdgpu-pro.
                But as i see, now they reverted to have Catalyst Pro as an option also.... so link is still valid

Comment

Working...
                X