Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flash now Accelerate on the GPU with the Catalyst driver.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash now Accelerate on the GPU with the Catalyst driver.

O yes my old 1,8ghz Opteron +hd4650 now runs flash videos very well because the flash player now accelerate on the GPU..

i think its not the UVD-h264 acceleration is the general shader(OpenGL) acceleration.
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Nvidia blob has been accelrating Falsch for years. Positive news though. Too bad it aint opensource.

Comment

this feature brings a better result than overclocking the cpu from 1,8ghz to 2,7ghz...
      means this feature save 1000-1500mhz on an Opteron 64bit cpu...

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
        Nvidia blob has been accelrating Falsch for years. Positive news though. Too bad it aint opensource.
        about that feature here i do not make nvidia bad with any word??

yes it is positiv

it can run on opensource drivers to on the radeon only 5 openGL extansions left ...

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
          about that feature here i do not make nvidia bad with any word??

yes it is positiv

it can run on opensource drivers to on the radeon only 5 openGL extansions left ...
          No, I opted out for gtx 260 lol. You can call me betrayer Lots of patents - all closed source or illegal - closedgl. Low speed and low motivation from amd. I will recheck phoronix daily still for radeon opensource if anything improves, excellent site with excellent ppl such as you.

Comment

Which versions of Flash and Catalyst have You got?

Comment

[Citation Needed]
              This thread is absurd. AFIAK flash on linux only uses vdpau acceleration. Unless you are using some secret prerelease of flash and/or catalyst you are not getting gpu acceleration.

Comment

No, I opted out for gtx 260 lol. You can call me betrayer
                no amd is just to slow... but hey i write about the flash acceleration 3-5 mondh ago..

dawn i was good in forward prediction...

Lots of patents - all closed source or illegal - closedgl. Low speed and low motivation from amd. I will recheck phoronix daily still for radeon opensource if anything improves, excellent site with excellent ppl such as you.
                hey thx... i "forward prediction" the working flash-gpu acceleration 5 month ago but yes my informations about the future do not help in the past...

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
                  [Citation Needed]
                  This thread is absurd. AFIAK flash on linux only uses vdpau acceleration. Unless you are using some secret prerelease of flash and/or catalyst you are not getting gpu acceleration.
                  no there isn't any secret version its the ubuntu 11.04 driver. and the stock flash version.

and not its not the UVD-h264 codex acceleration its the flash-opengl/Shader acceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by nadro View Post
                    Which versions of Flash and Catalyst have You got?
                    all stock Kbuntu 11.04

Comment

Working...
                    X